Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How do I jack up a GT3 to store it ?

Bigracks

• Moderators

Hi Dave.... I would jack it up at the standard, factory jack points. If you lift from the rear point on one side, the car is so stiff that the front will come off the ground as well and you can put a stand under the front. At the rear, you can then use a stand under the rear cross member near the lower control arm attachment point..........but......... Why do you want to put the car on stands in the first place? I wouldn't let the suspension hang down at full extension. I would want the dampers to sit at their normal ride height. If you are concerned about flat spotting the tires, that can happen, but, they will round out in the first few miles in the spring.

I agree with the others too. Don't store the car with the suspension un-loaded. In our owners manual, Porsche does NOT recommend storing the car on jack stands.

Per the owners manual, over inflate the tires to 58-60 PSI.

I do this to the tire pressures, plus I park on dense rubber pads (like you would see in a health club weight room). You can buy these rubber tiles at places like Home Depot, Lowes or Menards. At the 1st of each month I roll the car, by hand, about 10 inches. I did not have any flat spots on my 19" Michelin PS2's last winter storage.

I agree with the others too. Don't store the car with the suspension un-loaded. In our owners manual, Porsche does NOT recommend storing the car on jack stands.

Per the owners manual, over inflate the tires to 58-60 PSI.

I do this to the tire pressures, plus I park on dense rubber pads (like you would see in a health club weight room). You can buy these rubber tiles at places like Home Depot, Lowes or Menards. At the 1st of each month I roll the car, by hand, about 10 inches. I did not have any flat spots on my 19" Michelin PS2's last winter storage.

Take it out for a few runs on good dry winter days. You will be amazed how much more powerful this engine is when it is running cooler. Don't miss out on the fun! Just make sure to pick your days...