Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Please Drive me!

Danyol

Porsche - I hate sitting here with nothing to do, I love to run; drive me please!

Owner - I want to look after you, not get you wet, or get salt over you. Anyway, you'll be no good in snow.

Porsche - Change my shoes, I have great traction in all weather. Let's go out and have some fun!

Owner - (silence)

Porsche - Please! :(

Yeah, mine talks too. Pouts a lot also when I don't drive her. Fortunately, it doesn't snow here (or at least it's not supposed to). She really likes the rain except for getting dirty. I hear this WAY too much no matter what I do:

Porsche: Wash me daddy!

Yesterday was my 1 month anniversary with my TT. 1,800 miles later I am still ecstatic.

I know folks own these cars for different reasons, but I've never really understood the garage queen mentality. I haven't let my girls eat goldfish in the back seat yet, but we're probably not far off. Oh well! This one was never destined for Barrett Jackson anyway.

Wash, rinse, drive, repeat!

Steve D.

• 3 weeks later...

{T2_996420 Posted Feb 2 2008, 06:08 AM

167,000+ miles on my 2003 X50!!!!!!!!! We talk daily at least twice........... }

That is very good news. I have not read of anyone with that many miles on a 996tt. Have you had to much non-maintenance work on the car? (valves, engine rebuilds, tranny, etc). It does seem like no one drives these- and I like to drive. I have 150k miles on my M3, am currently painting it and re-furbing the interior- so I can get another 150k out of it and would like to look at my 996tt in a similar fashion. My eperience is that the more I drive a car, the more I love it. The more I love it, the better it runs. Car-mic energy between man and machine or something.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Lightstream -

Here are some of the items I have had to replace - I hijacked them from a post on another site so I did not have to retype everything:

All three front radiators, water pump, coolant expansion tank (as a precaution with water pump), power steering pump/reservoir (for the annoyinig squeal), right front bearing, left rear bearing, front diff (due to front bearing issue), clutch accumlator and slave cylinder, normal services, brake pads (only on the 3rd rear set and 4th front set - car has PCCB's and is tracked 6-10 days/year), oil changes every 5000 miles religiously, tranny and diff fluids every 60,000 miles, Baileys DV's, GT-3 Cup front brake ducts - I think that covers it from memory anyway - yes it's the original clutch also. Thsi spring it's going in for a new suspension the stock one is finally dead - most likely leaning towards the KW V3 system - nice price point for what I need - supposed to be superior quality.

No salt or corrosion issues on the body to date - I did have the mechanics replace two metal heat shields on the turbos last Spring - they were in doing the water pump for me and while I was under the car I asked that they be replaced - I think there were also two brackets to hold the muffler in place that needed replacing

I think that covers it. T2

{T2_996420 Posted Feb 2 2008, 06:08 AM

167,000+ miles on my 2003 X50!!!!!!!!! We talk daily at least twice........... }

That is very good news. I have not read of anyone with that many miles on a 996tt. Have you had to much non-maintenance work on the car? (valves, engine rebuilds, tranny, etc). It does seem like no one drives these- and I like to drive. I have 150k miles on my M3, am currently painting it and re-furbing the interior- so I can get another 150k out of it and would like to look at my 996tt in a similar fashion. My eperience is that the more I drive a car, the more I love it. The more I love it, the better it runs. Car-mic energy between man and machine or something.

David