Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster 987 Seatbelt position

I've only had my Boxster 987 for less than a month and I must be a wierd shape or size or something but on a long journey I become increasingly aware of the the pressure of the seat belt against the side of my neck.

Does anyone else find this or know of any solution?

Can you adjust the seat hight to make it more comfortable?

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried moving the seat forward and back and up and down a little but to no effect. I guess if I adjusted it enough it might make a difference but then I would have other "comfort"problems.

Someone has suggested one of the those seat belt pads from motor accessory shops but I'm not sure that's what I want either.

Is there some sort of extension bar that would effectively move the pivot point of the belt behind your shoulder.

Any other ideas?

I'm a fairly typical 5'11" although I'm not the slimmest guy in the world!

I was thinking of trying one of those devices that clamp onto the belt to stop it being pulled tought by the initia reel - just a little worried if this adversely impacts effectiveness of the pre-tensioners?

• 1 year later...

So have you found anything? I have the same problem in my '05 987, I'm 6'1" my lady is 5'10". I've been thinking of trying to find some sort of clip thing, rather than some sort of sheepskin cushion... (shiver).

So have you found anything? I have the same problem in my '05 987, I'm 6'1" my lady is 5'10". I've been thinking of trying to find some sort of clip thing, rather than some sort of sheepskin cushion... (shiver).

Try maybe a seat belt extender... they are usually meant for much larger individuals (to increase the length of the belt) but what they do for everyone is move the connection point from your hip up more towards the middle of your body... this will reduce the angle of the shoulder strap so it is not comming accross your neck as much...

Just make sure you find one that is compatable with the PORSCHE belt and should solve the problem... I found a site http://4extender.com/ that says they have a model that fits the Cayenne. I can't imagine that Porsche uses diffent size seatbelt fasteners between cars so it sould work.

post-45305-1246959650_thumb.jpg

Edited by danieldolin