Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2004 C2 Cab coming off warranty

Hello all. I haven't posted here in some time but am in need of some thoughtful advice. My 04 C2 Cab will be four years old in three weeks and the factory warranty will expire. I currently have 29500 miles on the car so it is in need of the 30K service. Because of the warranty expiring I am thinking that I should take my car to the dealer for the 30K service. This would provide me with one last chance to have the car inspected for any repairs that could still be included in the warranty. The biggest issue I have is paying $1250 for a 30K service (including the brake flush) just in case that I have some hidden problems that could be repaired under warranty. I have done my own oil & filter changes, flushed my brakes at 2 years and changed air and pollen filters myself-no big deal. So here are my questions:

1) Do you think it is worth the outragous price for a 30K service just on the outside chance that something might be found that can be fixed on warranty?

2) Do I really need to have the spark plugs changed at 30K since the manual states that this should be done at 60K or 4 years (I am now at 4 years)? If so then I probably should let the dealer do spark plugs and 30K service since I really would prefer not to mess with the plugs. I've never really heard before that spark plugs deteriorate with time. Isn't it just the number of miles or ignitions that wear out the plugs?

Thanks for any thoughts on this. I'm sure that others have had this dilemma as well but I couldn't find any specific answers by doing a topic search.

• Admin

1. Yes, IMHO that is outrageous.

2. Well, you likely want to do the plugs soon - not from mileage from age.

Why not take the car to an independent shop get the 30 K done and ask them to note any items that should be fixed under warranty? Then have the dealer fix the warranty items.

Why not take the car to an independent shop get the 30 K done and ask them to note any items that should be fixed under warranty? Then have the dealer fix the warranty items.

Thanks Loren, I hadn't thought about trying an indy. Since I am up in Truckee I would probably be looking for a shop down in the Roseville or Rocklin area near the dealer. I have not had any luck with Porsche service in Northern Nevada so I usually go to the dealer in Rocklin. Do you have any recomendations for a independent shop in that area?

• Admin

Thanks Loren, I hadn't thought about trying an indy. Since I am up in Truckee I would probably be looking for a shop down in the Roseville or Rocklin area near the dealer. I have not had any luck with Porsche service in Northern Nevada so I usually go to the dealer in Rocklin. Do you have any recomendations for a independent shop in that area?

Well, you could always buy all your parts/fluids and come to one our work on cars days and we can give you a hand doing it yourself. I do have a PST2 (and PIWIS and Durametirc) so we can run all the tests etc.