Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

07 Boxster Door Panel Removal

• Admin

:welcome:

1. Carefully lever out trim panel for mirror triangle using plastic wedge and pull upwards.

2. Press electrical plug connection and pull off the plug.

3. Remove trim panel for mirror triangle.

post-1-1207250091.png

4. Remove lever for door opener.

post-1-1207250700.png

5. Release and remove the door trim panels.

post-1-1207250153.png

6. Undo fastening screws and remove door panel (as shown).

post-1-1207250289.png post-1-1207250294.png

7. Disconnect electrical plug connections.

post-1-1207250377_thumb.png

8. Removing actuating cable for door lock.

Unlock fastening clip of actuating cable for door lock 1 by pressing the locking hook A and disengage from the guide slot B.

Swivel pin 2 of actuating cable to the right by 90° C and disengage.

post-1-1207250513.png

Installing is the reverse - but be sure and check for broken/missing plastic clips around the door panel edge.

• 1 month later...
GRotvik, what are you planning to do? Do tell! :)

I'm replacing the non leather door pocket lid and door grab handle with the factory leather parts. Thank you for the diagrams! They are much appreciated.

I was interested in where you got those items. I want to change out my (2005) door speakers & might as well do the door pocket & door handle too. Thanks for the inspiration!

• 3 months later...
GRotvik, what are you planning to do? Do tell! :)

I'm replacing the non leather door pocket lid and door grab handle with the factory leather parts. Thank you for the diagrams! They are much appreciated.

How did it turn out? Was it a difficult job? Where did you buy them from and how much did they run you? I had a loaner Cayman S the other day while my Boxster was in for service and I really liked this leather trim. Any information you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.