Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Loren~ please coming~

PST2 and PIWIS are both Porsche diagnostic computers - most good shops have one or both.

Yes, check the fans using the tester.

thank you ~ i will find a shop. i want to know . if i didn't fix this . have any problem there ? because it's one year ago................( i never know have problem with fan....)

i have make appointment with porsche. but only one in the toronto area... the date- JUN 7 ,2008 ~ i don't like waiting for long time ~

every advice is very importance ~

Disconect the fan and ballast resistor cable. There are 3 pins in the connector, the black wired pin is the common ground (earth). The other two are the low and high speed leads to the resistor. The low speed wire will have an impedance of approx 1.4 ohms, the high speed will have zero resistance. To start, put the leads of the ohm meter on the taps at the motor. This will give you the impedance of the fan motor. My motor measures 540 ohms. The high speed line should measure the same and the low speed should measure 1.4 ohms more. I had 2.3 megohms resistance through both high and low speed lines which means the resistor was totaly fried. With some dexterity, this can be done without removing the fan assembly from the car. Check the resistance trough the pins first, if they are high, (thousands of ohms), the ballast resistor has failed. Then remove the fan assy and replace the resistor. I did all this yesterday, resoldering the new resistor is easy. Be careful not to get anything inside the fan motor.

James Greer

Disconect the fan and ballast resistor cable. There are 3 pins in the connector, the black wired pin is the common ground (earth). The other two are the low and high speed leads to the resistor. The low speed wire will have an impedance of approx 1.4 ohms, the high speed will have zero resistance. To start, put the leads of the ohm meter on the taps at the motor. This will give you the impedance of the fan motor. My motor measures 540 ohms. The high speed line should measure the same and the low speed should measure 1.4 ohms more. I had 2.3 megohms resistance through both high and low speed lines which means the resistor was totaly fried. With some dexterity, this can be done without removing the fan assembly from the car. Check the resistance trough the pins first, if they are high, (thousands of ohms), the ballast resistor has failed. Then remove the fan assy and replace the resistor. I did all this yesterday, resoldering the new resistor is easy. Be careful not to get anything inside the fan motor.

James Greer

thank you james, i will follow your way try to fix this ...