Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Bra issues

post-7835-1209421406_thumb.jpgMy 2000 Boxster's bra doesn't fit very well around the outer part of the headlights.

It's a factory bra, had same problem with Colgan bra (both are very similar btw).

It appears to be the nature of the beast but was wondering if anyone has a

solution to the problem?

I"m assuming you are in a warm garage from the photo as it's still not warm enough in minosota yet!

Honestly, I've never liked bras for many reasons but for the most because of the fit and when I found that my factory bra was poor fit I sold it for peanuts on ebay.

It has to be about 120F outside, in the sun, with a hairdryer, the planets aligned and a rabbits foot around your neck.

Break out the hairdryer if you cannot install it in the sun.

I had a Vw Vanagon Westfalia I restored from head to tail. I decided to take it on a 2000 mile trip 2 months after the new paint job and figured the brick on wheels need a nice bra, so I bought the best. It took an hour in the sun on a HOT day to get it to fit only to have one of the hooks snap on the freeway and damage the paint job.

Hate them in every way, but the only useful information I can give you is do it in the sun or with a hairdryer. Then when you put it in the cool garage it will snap back into shape, maybe. If you have it on already then you may have to wait for a warm day in the sun to get it just right still.

Edited by rsfeller

I"m assuming you are in a warm garage from the photo as it's still not warm enough in minosota yet!

Honestly, I've never liked bras for many reasons but for the most because of the fit and when I found that my factory bra was poor fit I sold it for peanuts on ebay.

It has to be about 120F outside, in the sun, with a hairdryer, the planets aligned and a rabbits foot around your neck.

Break out the hairdryer if you cannot install it in the sun.

I had a Vw Vanagon Westfalia I restored from head to tail. I decided to take it on a 2000 mile trip 2 months after the new paint job and figured the brick on wheels need a nice bra, so I bought the best. It took an hour in the sun on a HOT day to get it to fit only to have one of the hooks snap on the freeway and damage the paint job.

Hate them in every way, but the only useful information I can give you is do it in the sun or with a hairdryer. Then when you put it in the cool garage it will snap back into shape, maybe. If you have it on already then you may have to wait for a warm day in the sun to get it just right still.

Yes, the car is in a heated garage, I'm beginning to doubt that it will ever be warm enough outside to try your suggestion.

I hate bras myself but, the car had no chips in front and I want to keep it that way.

• Moderators
post-7835-1209421406_thumb.jpgMy 2000 Boxster's bra doesn't fit very well around the outer part of the headlights.

It's a factory bra, had same problem with Colgan bra (both are very similar btw).

It appears to be the nature of the beast but was wondering if anyone has a

solution to the problem?

Yes, get rid of the "over the headlight" syle unit and get the later model.....................

• Moderators

I have the same bra. Colgan makes it for Porsche. We use to call the the original style bra as it went over the fenders. Colgan could not sell it with the Porsche crest on the piece that goes on the trunk lid.

You need to adjust it, or are missing the 2 silver clips that bolt to the fender screws.

post-4-1209500795_thumb.jpg

I have the same bra. Colgan makes it for Porsche. We use to call the the original style bra as it went over the fenders. Colgan could not sell it with the Porsche crest on the piece that goes on the trunk lid.

You need to adjust it, or are missing the 2 silver clips that bolt to the fender screws.

Thanks for the replies. I have the clips and no matter how I adjust it after a ride over fifty or so it's buldging again.