Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello again,

After getting an answer to my "where to put the gas cap when filling with gasoline" question I was looking at "TOOL PANTS" pictures and noticed that what I took for a "slot" was really where a part goes. I believe that this plastic or rubber part is what the "locking plunger" goes into to keep the lid from being opened, is missing. I locked the car, using the remote, and the gas lid still opens.....makes one wonder why it was never replaced? Is this a part that one can get without getting a new gas lid?

I guess it's just me, but I really hate when things on my cars are not "at the should"!

Thanks again for any guidance,

Hello again,

After getting an answer to my "where to put the gas cap when filling with gasoline" question I was looking at "TOOL PANTS" pictures and noticed that what I took for a "slot" was really where a part goes. I believe that this plastic or rubber part is what the "locking plunger" goes into to keep the lid from being opened, is missing. I locked the car, using the remote, and the gas lid still opens.....makes one wonder why it was never replaced? Is this a part that one can get without getting a new gas lid?

I guess it's just me, but I really hate when things on my cars are not "at the should"!

Thanks again for any guidance,

I don't have your answer, but I did learn something from your post. I never realized that my car had a locking gas cap since it doesn't have a release lever. Go figure.

Hello again,

That grommet that holds the lock mechanism always pops out on mine.

• Moderators

kunkstyle

Remove the grommet and close the car with the fuel flap open, you can see the locking pin now with the manual ( emergency )plastic cable connection. It is the connection point which push the grommet out when closing the car. Apply a small amount of grease on the length of locking pin and install the grommet in the RIGHT possition, problem solved.