Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

OK so today my clutch seemed to go very soft on me and WAY to easy to puch in, it seems to slip at higher RPM then shifting hard and I can feel vibration in the clutch pedal

I have found a couple of threads to make it seem as if it is the Clutch Actuator

do these symptoms seem correct for this problem or could it be something else

the clutch doesn't seem to slip at all when i engages, but it seems slow to engage on a high rpm shift

If the hydraulic system is free of air, a cracked pressure plate ( diaphragm ) is possible.

so i should try bleeding the system then if that dosent fix it pull the tranny?

you dont think it sounds at all like it could be anything else? :(

i hate pulling trannys

hahah

well it defiantly is the clutch i dono if the pressure plate is cracked or if it is just flat going out but now there is like almost no pressure needed to push in and it almost doesn't come back up and engage, and when it does engage it is slipping all over the place...it slips really easy so i guess i am pulling the transmission this weekend

well it defiantly is the clutch i dono if the pressure plate is cracked or if it is just flat going out but now there is like almost no pressure needed to push in and it almost doesn't come back up and engage, and when it does engage it is slipping all over the place...it slips really easy so i guess i am pulling the transmission this weekend

Sounds to me the pressure plate fingers may have broken.

I experienced something similar after a hard acceleration and after a few more shifts the pedal effort returned to normal. Found some threads that indicated a bad pressure plate and I would tend to agree. I don't think there is anything wrong with your hydraulic system. Low pedal effort means low force pressing against the clutch disc and are observing slipping.

I experienced something similar after a hard acceleration and after a few more shifts the pedal effort returned to normal. Found some threads that indicated a bad pressure plate and I would tend to agree. I don't think there is anything wrong with your hydraulic system. Low pedal effort means low force pressing against the clutch disc and are observing slipping.

i agree, expecially since it happened suddenly when driving, twice, the first time it allows a slight slipping at top end and about half of the resistance, then the 2nd time there is like no resistance and it is slipping all over the place....

i will be removing the tranny this weekend , i am in search of a tranny jack now. I will take some pictures when i find the offending part, i am assuming it is the pressure plate.

I am really curious i think the previous person put a aluminum flywheel in there, i guess i will find out!

will the sachs kit work with both the aluminum flywheel and the stock one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SACHS-NEW-C...sspagenameZWDVW