Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I've had an idle speed problem since I bought my 1999 C2 two years ago. The idle speed oscillates between about 500 and 1000 rpm with the AC off. What complicates matters is that it only does it about 25% of the time. It will do it at one stop light and not at the very next for example. Doesn't seem to have to be at full operating temperature sensitive (although it's never done it right after a cold start, it has done it before it's fully warmed up).

I've taken it to 2 dealers. Both the idle speed control and the throttle position switch have been replaced. The throttle body has been cleaned numerous times. The last dealer said there are no fault codes.

Any other ideas would be welcome.

thanks

Dwight

Edited by dwightolson

• 2 months later...
Are you sure they did what they said?

If so, unplug the MAF and see if idle and low speed running are affected.

Thanks again, Loren.

I unplugged the MAS and it seemed a little different but not much - the idle seemed to come down more slowly and kind of hang around 1000 rpm for a bit. So, I replaced the MAS. Then I did the one minute on and ten seconds off routine to reset the computer. Didn't fix the problem. So, I'm kind of at a loss again since I've replaced the throttle position switch, the idle speed control and now the MAS.

Would appreciate any other recommendations you might have.

thank you much

Dwight