Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

check engine light and error codes

could anyone tell me what might be wrong with my car, i took my car to the dealer three times and still i get the check engine light.

they have changed the mass air flow three times now!

i checked for the error code and this is what i get:-

P0446

Porsche fault code 95 - Shutoff valve activated

charcoal filter (function)

P1128

Porsche fault code 360 - Oxygen sensing adaptation

idle range bank 1

P1130

Porsche fault code 361 - Oxygen sensing adaptation

idle range bank 2

PS my car was with the dealer for more than a month and still they couldnt fix it.

Edited by donjuan143

• Admin

P0446 EVAP Canister Shutoff Valve (Function) – Below Limit

– Purge air line blocked

– Flow resistance of EVAP canister too high

P1128 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Idle Range, Bank 1 – Above Limit/Below Limit

P1130 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Idle Range, Bank 2 – Above Limit/Below Limit

– Incorrect signal from MAF sensor

– Intake air system leaking

– Fuel pressure too low

– Volume supply of fuel pump too low

– Fuel injectors fouled

– Exhaust system leaking

My bet on P1128 and P1130 is an air leak. Oil filler hose, AOS, or other manifold leak.

i hope to god you are not paying them for parts or labor for them to read codes and swap the MAF 3 times. and you were without your car for a MONTH?! was the car running poorly or did you just take it in because of the Check Engine Light? i'm sorry, but you are obviously dealing with incompetents. take the car somewhere else. i don't know why they would try something three times and expect different results.

as Loren suggested, you probably have a vacuum leak (a hole in a tube) somewhere. the Air-Oil Separator (AOS) is always suspect. they just can't seem to get this part right. depending on your model year, the oil filler tube may be prone to cracks which would introduce a vacuum leak. have your gas cap tested to make sure it is functioning properly. make sure other caps (oil, coolant, etc.) are tight.

it would help to have all the details like model year, mileage, any work done recently, etc.

also, just because your car has a Check Engine Light doesn't mean you need to run to the dealer. most of the time, the CEL lights up (solid) for minor reasons and you can take the car to an AutoZone/PepBoys and have them read your codes for free - and then post them here. however, if your CEL is flashing, that means there is a potentially serious problem and you want to pull over and shut down the car as soon as possible and have it flatbedded.

so, if your CEL isn't flashing and your car is running normally, it's perfectly fine to drive. CELs clear themselves all the time. ;)