Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lowering cabriolet top with key?

Hi,

I have a 2004 US C2 Cab. I've read a lot of posts talking about lowering the top with they key, so this morning I looked in the manual. Turns out that both my keys are coupe keys, i.e. they don't have the roof lowering function. Was this something that wasn't put on 2004 cars, even though the manual talks about it and shows a different key?

I'm pretty sure the keys are original since one of them looked band new when I bought the car used.

Simon

Hi,

I have a 2004 US C2 Cab. I've read a lot of posts talking about lowering the top with they key, so this morning I looked in the manual. Turns out that both my keys are coupe keys, i.e. they don't have the roof lowering function. Was this something that wasn't put on 2004 cars, even though the manual talks about it and shows a different key?

I'm pretty sure the keys are original since one of them looked band new when I bought the car used.

Simon

Sorry to inform you, but US DOT does not allow such consumer convenience. You see we might kill ourselves using such a dangerous tool. The cab key for opening the top is just ROW.

My advice get the SmartTop, best cab mod you can get. They also carry a RemoteTop.

Mods-4-cars

just insert the key in door key hole to raise and lower top. why need to remote operate top?

If for no other reason .... then because its so cool to lower your top as you approach the car in a parking lot; or raise it as you walk away; or raise it from your sidewalk restaurant table when clouds begin to build; or lower it before you leave your table so that the car is ready when you walk up to it.

Actually though, these are the kinds of reasons that are either intuitively obvious to someone .... or make no sense to them at all. Its a "if you have to ask" type of situation, I guess. Me? I LOVE the SmartTop and RemoteTop.

Edited by Kim