Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

mods for seat adjustment range in 996 ???

hi,

in my 07/2002 996er targa i have the "Sport Seats". the seats are great, a little problem for me is the max. adjustment range. i am 202cm (6'8") long and would prefere the seat a little bit more backwards and a little bit more down. is there any chance to mod the seat mounting or any thing else? or ist there any special part available?

thanks!

changing parts from the mounts are no problem, changing the seats is no option for me! i write to brey-krause asking about parts for the sport seats.

did you have any other idea witch company maybe produces seat mounts for the original sport seats?

I have a 2k2 Targa and have the problem of hitting my right hand on my right knee in my preferred seating position. Let me know if you successfully drop your seat. Conversely I was also looking to get a "smaller" diameter steering wheel to gain clearance. I have not been successful in that either, as I do want to retain the air-bag.

successful

lap

Why don't you call up Porsche (0711-911-0) and talk to the "Exclusive" department in Werk1? They are used to those kinds of problems and are usually quite forthcoming with their knowledge.

With some of the seats it is quite easy to get more legroom by just fiddeling with the rear seat stops. They just remove a bolt or something.

Headroom is more difficult. Sometimes they can just remove a bit of padding, but with 996 sports seats I don't think there is much padding in the seat. I wonder if they can lower the whole seat.

I'd give those guys a call and see what they think.

Cheers

Uwe

Edited by umn

i have send a mail to Brey-Krause asking about anything to mod the sport seats, here is the answer:

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately, the only suggestion I have is to install the GT-3 seats.

I do not know of any way to safely lower or move the factory seats.

I am 6'4" and had the same problem. I used the GT-3 seats because their

rounded bottom, mounted with our side brackets, lets us lower the seat right

down between the rails instead of on top of them.

Dodge

:(

@umn

the porsche seat are produced from a company called LEAR. we (on my working place) made some work on the coming seats for the 997. if all things gone bad i have to ask the guys from LEAR for any idea.

the contact to PORSCHE from outside germany may be good, from germany it is really bad for my case :angry:

Edited by Tom Sch

I have the GT3 seats for my 03 C4S but I have not installed them yet. I noticed that the seats are slightly offset in the tracks they are supplied with (to allow more room for the stock seat belts or to centre the driver behind the steering wheel (?)), BUT the Brey Krause brackets (which I ordered because I am 6'5") centre the seat over the rails ie move the seats toward the centre of the car by about 1/2 inch.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I way out to lunch :eek: ?

I was thinking of using the Brey Krause brackets until I noticed this. Instead I may use them as a template to cut the stock mounting brackets (with a plasma cutter) so I can lower the seats AND maintain the stock offset.

Any ideas? :huh:

Edited by NeverFastEnough