Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wheel Well undercoating

Chuck Jones

Recommended Posts

This probably doesn't belong in this forum, but I picked a forum with a lot of exposure....Loren will move it if it violates protocol. I'm working on my 87 930 and scrubbed off the black wheel well undercoating thinking it was road grime....then found out that it's not and that Porsche put it in there to help keep rust down and to act as a buffer for rock chips and debris. The newer cars have the plastic wheel well liners in them. I don't know what product they use or what they might call it....and I need enough to re-do one wheel well....thank goodness I found out before I did them all. Anyone know what that sort of rubberized product is? Any suggestions would be welcomed. I tried a search but there isn't anything here on the older cars other than some DIY articles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or you could go to any Autozone, Pep Boys, or Advance auto and buy a can of ....spray-on....rubberized..undercoating..!!! Works great, and tough as nails. Much easier to use & clean up over spray on than the truck liner stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...


I was going thru my old forum subscriptions and came across this one where you suggested a link....and I confess I never went to the link. I just did and John Paterek answers my question EXACTLY. The question posed to him was the very same thing I had done.

Thank you...albeit a bit belated....but thanks for the referral to the link.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I subscribe to a few of the PCA Tech Q&A categories, including the Paterek's interior/exterior section. A lot of questions are answered with "Wurth" and/or "Duplicolor" products, which is what I thought of when I read your question. So, I was inspired to check and mildly amused when that was the answer for you; glad it helps. Take care, --Brian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.