Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Trouble with GT2 wheels in a TT (C4S) front wheel well.

I'm finding that BBS wheels in a GT2 size/offset are unable to fit in my C4S fender well - they rub - actually push the forward fender liner when turning to full lock. (Especially where the radiator bulge is.) As it's quite common for Turbo owners to use GT2 wheels, I was wondering if anyone else found their radiators were getting in the way - through the fender liner?

Here's a very bad photo illustrating the problem:

PIC-0130.jpg

To address this, the shop is trying to move the radiator forward slightly, but that's introducing a whole can of worms with fitting the ducts/bumpers/etc - and I really don't want cooling airflow and/or aerodynamic airflow to be adversely affected.

But, this seems a very odd problem, since the front wheel wells should be the same between the C4S/Turbo/GT2. The forward fender liner clearance issue is very puzzling. Any insite from you all would be greatly appreciated!

PIC-0132.jpg

Edited by itacud

Sorry for the ommision... The Wheels are BBS E88's, in (supposedly) stock GT2 sizing - 8.5x18 ET 40 front, and 12x18 ET 45 rear. Tires are the recommended GT2 fitment Michelin PS2s, in 235/40/18 (N2) front, and 315/30/18 (N2) rear. Thanks!

Might help if you tell us the wheel size and offset - and tire size and brand.

I had wondered about that... but the wheels did fit just fine on the previous owners' Turbo and GT2. I also had my allignment checked, and nothing unusual was found.

My guess would be that the offset is not what you think it is.

you might consider rolling the fender lip as outlined in the 996 Wheel TSB, if you are rubbing on the fender lip. Eastwood makes a fender roller that can be purchase for approx $200 that might help your issue. Also are you running any spacer up front? I want to put 235/40/18s up front on my 99 996 car if they will fit. You could always go with wider fenders from MA Shaw. Let us know how you fixed this.

Here are some links to think about.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=...temType=PRODUCT

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=...temType=PRODUCT

http://mashaw.biz/Coachwork2996.asp

D_Man