Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

fuel door won't lock

plastic catcher not there,

thanks Loren and RFM.

btw my alarm beeps twice, I figured it the fuel door. Will it get back to normal mode once my fuel door locks or do I have to get it reset?

• Admin
plastic catcher not there,

thanks Loren and RFM.

btw my alarm beeps twice, I figured it the fuel door. Will it get back to normal mode once my fuel door locks or do I have to get it reset?

Usually 2 beeps means more than one fault or some other alarm problem.

If you get 1 beep after fixing the fuel door catch - then you have one more zone to fix.

If it turns out that the problem isn't the plastic part, but is the actuator....I have a spare that has a broken shaft that you can take off the one that doesnt' work and replace it.....I'd be willing to donate it to you just for the shipping if you need it.

I accidentally broke the plastic actuator shaft that slides into the hole...so I had to replace the whole unit. It doesn't sound right that there is any sort of sensor in that plastic hole that the shaft slides into....so I am wondering if the beep is being cause by the fact that the actuator isn't sliding forward when you lock the car.

Loren.....can you see any sort of electrical micro switch in the plastic part that would either activate or de-activate an alarm signal? I don't see any way....the only electircal impulse would come from the actuator itself going into the forward or locked position.

When you ran the PIWIS on my car and we didn't realize it didn't have that cheap plastic part...the only alarm we got was from the front trunk micro switch that erroneously triggered an alarm indicating that the front wasn't shut. That was a micro switch problem...not the gas cover actuator.

Chuck