Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Bosche vs. Beru? Why the preferene?

I did a recent plug change and used the Beru plugs based upon the Porsche recommendations and the PET number references. After the install, I was talking to one of my Porsche shop friends and he said that "almost everyone is using the Bosche plugs".

In researching the issue, I went to some of the forums and also see some discussion there about the preference for using the Bosche plugs. Can you tell me what the basic difference is? In looking at the plugs as we pulled them out, they looked pretty good for 30K miles on them and I've had no performance issues that I'm aware of. The car runs strong at .9 bar with no flash. Sometimes changes are driven by a pesonal preference, but with the number of comments I've seen/heard, I'm wondering what scientific information (if any) is behind the issue?

Thanks for that link.....I found it very scientific....about as scientific as a butt-boost dyno gauge. I now know that there are at least another four or five other types of plugs that guys are either trying out or are sold on, or were told that they were good....but no tests....just a lot of adjectives like..."I like these", or "these seemed to work best"...etc. etc etc.

After four pages of differing opinions, I think I'm going to leave the Beru's in there and just drive the car. I take it you are a Denso fan? Do you have any specific observations about how they perform? The most logical approach seemed to be that if you're really tracking hard, you need a cooler plug....but for us guys who just run the freeways and do a periodic DE day mixed in with some spirited mountain road driving....I think I'm going to stay where I am. Besides, it's getting too dogone difficult to get up and down from under the car. Next time I'll need a scissors lift and some beer.

I take it you are a Denso fan? Do you have any specific observations about how they perform? The most logical approach seemed to be that if you're really tracking hard, you need a cooler plug....but for us guys who just run the freeways and do a periodic DE day mixed in with some spirited mountain road driving....I think I'm going to stay where I am. Besides, it's getting too dogone difficult to get up and down from under the car. Next time I'll need a scissors lift and some beer.

Actually I run the Bosch plug (my tuner recommended it) & I have changed those once as well. With my bone stock car :unsure: none of the plugs last that long. My indy takes care of me :beer: