Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCCB option... should I do it!

I have an '06 997S that I've owned since new. I'm trading the car next week and ordering a new 997S with PDK. I'm considering the PCCB option. Can anyone offer their experience with these brakes?

Thanks!

I have an '06 997S that I've owned since new. I'm trading the car next week and ordering a new 997S with PDK. I'm considering the PCCB option. Can anyone offer their experience with these brakes?

Thanks!

I have them and love them. Probably won't get another with out them.

Very little to no brake dust and the brakes are fantastic.

There are several threads on this issue on the other boards, my take away;

Those that don't have them have many reasons not to.

99% of those who have them like them. I have heard of very issues.

I too have PCCB's on my C2S. One reason was the reduced weight, high performance use on track (no fade), no brake dust, no rotor rust or hat rust.

Now, so you know, these are no better in stopping power than steels. There was an article in one of the automotive magazines that did brake comparisons and the PCCB's take a bit longer to come to a complete stop over steels which were shorter. PCCB's to work their best is to get them warm/hot.

So, if you are going to track the car, want lower unsprung weight, no brake dust, no rusting and need brake to perform w/o fade on a track then PCCB's are the answer. Add some lightweight wheels and it's a great combo for serious driving.

Sure, the amount for these you could put elsewhere in the car. It's up to what you want and how you want the car to perform in relation to your driving habbits.

Deanski

They are great. Have em on my Gt3. Stop like nobody's business. And no dust after weeks of driving. And they certainly look cool matched to my seat belts.

Worth the money? Probably not.

Now, so you know, these are no better in stopping power than steels. There was an article in one of the automotive magazines that did brake comparisons and the PCCB's take a bit longer to come to a complete stop over steels which were shorter. PCCB's to work their best is to get them warm/hot.

So, if you are going to track the car, want lower unsprung weight, no brake dust, no rusting and need brake to perform w/o fade on a track then PCCB's are the answer. Deanski

What he said.

Road & Track was queried about why their test showed the PCCBs to have less apparent stopping power.

The answer was basically as Deanski said. The 80mph and some slower repeated stops were not enuf the bring them up to optimal operating temp.