Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Introducing my 06 997 cab - pics etc

Just pulled the trigger on this 06 997 cab last week. 1-owner, all records, 14k miles, pampered car, all options except Sport Chrono and multi-function wheel. Serviced by Circle Porsche in Long Beach and just had the first service performed right before I bought it, 2-year brake fluid change and with a new set of PS2 rubber out back!

Driving impression has been very good- it really does not "feel" like a cab in regards to cornering and lack of rigidity of the chassis. 997 cabs are definitely an improvement over 996 cabs in this respect.

So anyway, mods commencing- so far have changed the rear badge to "911" custom painted in platinum silver, added HR spacers (15mm R / 7mm F), S tips, NavTV ipod interface, 35% 3M ceramic tint, K/N intake, Porsche factory clear side markers.

Coming next: SSK, Bilsteins and drop, silver hood crest, ECU flash, SmartTop, paint center console and of course the AfterHours Sport Mufflers!

-And I finally got away from the tip and into a 6speed- So much better!!!

Here's some (large) pics- enjoy-

I am digging on this Midnight Metallic color- it is stunning blue in the sunlight, midnight blue in the shade and looks black at night, the color shift is sensational!

2723280819_1e9dd9169f_o.jpg

2723281115_3d00a5c4b8_o.jpg

2723281361_eb6f433b9c_o.jpg

2723281237_1fd8652dd1_o.jpg

2724103416_736f12b4dc_o.jpg

2723281555_2315a45802_o.jpg

2724103860_b94a62afa3_o.jpg

Nice ride...I am looking for a '05 or '06 997 S Cab now - can I ask what you paid?

Hi Bob- I paid $57k cash. Of course, this was a very extraordinary situation and I was at the right place at the right time. Keep in mind an '05 S cab should be in the mid to upper 60's range depending on mileage.

Just picked up the "Exclusive Package" CF interior pieces from a fellow forum member- CF multi-function wheel, CF shifter and CF e-brake. Will post pics after I get everything installed. Sweet! BTW you have to buy the 997 SmartTOP module, it is just fantastic! www.mods4cars.com best price is at www.pcars.us forum, sign up and send a message to Rick (BlackKnight).

Edited by p0rsch3

Thanks guys- Yeah the blue is beautiful but is as hard to take care of as black (my previous 996 color). I have the required bag of microfiber cloths, wash mitt, etc.. the extra care is well worth it :)

Plus, I typically get a chip touch-up and buff/polish done anually. Taking car in next week for it's 1st polish including color sand to get rid of the factory "orange peel", then wrapping front with 3M clearbra.

Beautiful car. And a number of nice mods. I'm interested in the wheel spacers. Does anyone know whether those (15/7) are the appropriate sizes for the 997S as well?

By the way, I just did an Alcantera upgrade on mine - wheel from a GT3 RS, shift boot and knob, and p-brake handle - as well as the Porsche brand short shift kit. Subject to taste, it looks and feels fantastic. Irrespective of taste, the short shift vastly improves the speed, feel and crispness of the gearbox.

Enjoy the new ride.

Beautiful car. And a number of nice mods. I'm interested in the wheel spacers. Does anyone know whether those (15/7) are the appropriate sizes for the 997S as well?

By the way, I just did an Alcantera upgrade on mine - wheel from a GT3 RS, shift boot and knob, and p-brake handle - as well as the Porsche brand short shift kit. Subject to taste, it looks and feels fantastic. Irrespective of taste, the short shift vastly improves the speed, feel and crispness of the gearbox.

Enjoy the new ride.

IIRC 17/7 are the correct sizes. I am going to swap the 15mm spacers for 18mm, there's still plenty of room. Fronts could go to 10mm but no one makes a 10mm spacer.

I have an EVOMS SSK going in soon, 35% reduction- If I don't like it I'll change to the Porsche unit. Did you upgrade the shift link connector to an aftermarket aluminum one or leave the stock plastic one? I hear those tend to break with use of a SSK.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice ride...I am looking for a '05 or '06 997 S Cab now - can I ask what you paid?

I just bought this 2006 CAB S Dark Olive metallic 22K miles with CPO for $75,000 from dealer. Full Leather Cocoa and Cocoa Top NAV BOSE

post-28515-1220646014_thumb.jpg

Edited by bella1

I just bought this 2006 CAB S Dark Olive metallic 22K miles with CPO for $75,000 from dealer. Full Leather Cocoa and Cocoa Top NAV BOSE

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason you guys that are sharing photos etc. aren't doing it on 6speedonline or Rennlist forums where these types of posts get much more visibility? I view RennTech as a more technical discussion forum.

Just my 2 cents.

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason you guys that are sharing photos etc. aren't doing it on 6speedonline or Rennlist forums where these types of posts get much more visibility? I view RennTech as a more technical discussion forum.

Just my 2 cents.

I think sharing everywhere is good.

However, I do tend to post more of the car photos on 6speed.