Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Headlight issue

I've been told that it's possible to adjust the dip on 986/996 headlights from left hand traffic to right hand traffic (and opposite) by turning an adjuster screw.

I've recently bought a '98 Boxster that had the headlights replaced with clear ones, but the dip goes up to the left on the headlights and here in Norway it really should go to the right... Has the previous owner used UK headlights or something on this car? I don't understand it. How can i find out? And how can i adjust this to be correct?

Did you look for instructions in your Owners Manual?

Yes, there are two adjustment screws for the lowbeam apparently.

A = lateral adjustment

B = vertical adjustment

(and C for the fog lights)

But i cannot find any instructions on how to change the dip from left to right (rhd to lhd that is).

• Admin

For Halogen lights:

"Self-adhesive film is available for masking the dipped-beam headlights for left-hand drive vehicles (Germany) in countries where vehicles drive on the left (England) or for right-hand drive vehicles in countries

where vehicles drive on the right."

post-1-1219966949_thumb.png

Sorry, Litronics would have been easier - there is a switch inside the headlight housing.

For Halogen lights:

"Self-adhesive film is available for masking the dipped-beam headlights for left-hand drive vehicles (Germany) in countries where vehicles drive on the left (England) or for right-hand drive vehicles in countries

where vehicles drive on the right."

post-1-1219966949_thumb.png

Sorry, Litronics would have been easier - there is a switch inside the headlight housing.

Thanks for the reply. So apparently the previous owner replaced the original headlights with UK one's... That's not even approved here. I guess i gotta give him a call.