Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

any one with a relay chart for my 2002 996 (cabrio) ? . They are located just over the fuse box .

Maybe somebody can email me a picture . danieldanko@yahoo.com

thank you

ps.

here is a pic of my relay box , but it looks like one is missing plus my heated seats and my xenons lights are not working . I just want to make sure that all of the are in proper place.

post-31670-1220102199_thumb.jpg

Edited by zgdanska

All lights are on except xenon's. when I started to play with that I plug the relay from 21 to 22 and my xenon's kicked in(for a minute). But it thing is just a bad wire or something (maybe light switch). I have the wire diagram from 1999 to 2001 only so there is no info about the xenon's . Also will be great if you guys have the list of the circuit breakers so I can pint point the source . Again thanks for your help . Daniel :renntech:

• Admin

MY02 is very different than MY99 to MY01.

Either way those two fan relays have nothing to do with your lights unless there is a short somewhere.

There are no circuit breakers - there are fuses. And, if a fuse was blown they would not come on for a few seconds.

If the fuses are good and you have a bunch of electrical anomalies then I suspect the ignition switch.

all fuses are ok . i just dont know witch one is for my xenons . if i can get the 12v to the right fuse then my xenons should turn on . and then is just the light switch ???? i guess

ps.

the relay that i am missing is the same one as the others "52" ???

Edited by zgdanska

Thanks Loren for your help. :cheers:

I just order a new switch from pelican parts ---113$ and 6$ for the relay .

ps.

My 911 is with auto trany, but is there a way so can change the way that my trany shifts . The way it works now it starts from 2nd gear and it goes very quickly to higher gears . It is good for mpg`s but not to sporty . I can use the tiptronic but i don't want to . Also I don't have the psm button . any ideas ? Looks like you know the stuff.

• Admin
Thanks Loren for your help. :cheers:

I just order a new switch from pelican parts ---113$ and 6$ for the relay .

ps.

My 911 is with auto trany, but is there a way so can change the way that my trany shifts . The way it works now it starts from 2nd gear and it goes very quickly to higher gears . It is good for mpg`s but not to sporty . I can use the tiptronic but i don't want to . Also I don't have the psm button . any ideas ? Looks like you know the stuff.

The MSRP for that switch is $111.67.

In the future you might want to try Sunset Imports (Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost) - they sell at cost plus 15%.

• 2 weeks later...