Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Deck Lid/Spoiler Dash LED - Gemballa Spoiler

I just purchased my first Porsche - a 2000 911 C2 Cabriolet (attached)

A few questions on the Gemballa spoiler:

1. The spoiler dash light turns on and off periodically, even when traveling between 30 and 45 MPH. Is there a way to override the sensor, since there's no moving spoiler anymore?

2. The engine release lever doesn't actually "release". I have to pull it and have my wife lift up the wing to I can get to the engine (she wasn't too happy about that "this is a Porsche!" is all I heard...) Any way to make that release? Install a different shock or something?

Thanks!

post-34919-1220632703_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doug996InKC

I have the same spoiler and the same problem. What I do is lift the rear trunk lever and stick something under it while I go the back of the car. That way, I don't get ridiculed that my over priced spoiler doesnt come with shocks that have enough power to lift it.

DSC_0213.jpg

Edited by maxferran

Our '01 Gemballa conversion has a very similar spoiler and the deck lid release does work and the struts do support it. Here is a pic of the deck lid & spoiler. There is hope for it working! Probably a good adjustment and some stronger hood struts will do the trick.

IMG_6154.jpg

Edited by lovemy996

I was doing some clean up in the engine compartment today and took a look at the strut that is holding up our spoiler with easy effort....would it be helpful to you guys if I posted the part number from the strut? There is only a single strut on the right side of the deck lid.

Mary

I was doing some clean up in the engine compartment today and took a look at the strut that is holding up our spoiler with easy effort....would it be helpful to you guys if I posted the part number from the strut? There is only a single strut on the right side of the deck lid.

Mary

Yes, please post the part number. Also, do you know where to buy the rubber, adjustable, screw-in stops? I'm missing one, and 3 of the auto part stores I went to don't even offer a generic version.

BTW, I took the car to Imagine Auto in Lenexa, Kansas this week to have the Gemballa break light wired up and the harness repinned so the dash light wouldn't keep coming on. As my first experience at Imagine, I can tell you the folks are good people, reasonably priced. I highly recommend them.

doug

how is the quality of this product and did you buy it from heinz at gemballa usa?

assume you are happy with the performance, my mechanic is giving caution on this mftr. any isngiht is welcome

thank you

ernie

I purchased the car approximately one month ago, and the spoiler was already installed. I don't have a lot of experience with the various after-market wings, but it appears to be a quality product. It's an aggressive looking spoiler. I'm happy with it. Also, you'll notice the air scoops on either side are functional. I would hope that extra air (at highway speeds) makes up for the extra weight the spoiler adds to the car.