Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CD Changer does not read

Does the NAV system work and read the disc ?

Did you check the fuse?

the single cd works withe the nav disc or any cd and nav system is ok, when I put in a magazine you can hear the changer load, then I press the cdc button and no dics avail. I have tried a dozen different cds and no luck. even filpped them just to make sure they were not in upside down.

thanks

josh

OK then I agree with Loren, check the fuse. Do you get any error on the PCM display ?

Did you check the fuse?

the single cd works withe the nav disc or any cd and nav system is ok, when I put in a magazine you can hear the changer load, then I press the cdc button and no dics avail. I have tried a dozen different cds and no luck. even filpped them just to make sure they were not in upside down.

thanks

josh

where do I find the fuse for this?

OK then I agree with Loren, check the fuse. Do you get any error on the PCM display ?

Did you check the fuse?

thanks

josh

its in the manual, something like left side fusebox, number 17, but you need to check the inside of the fuse cover for the location and the manual for the number

Did you check the fuse?

thanks

josh

• 3 months later...

Ok I just got back in town and checked the fuse it is ok, I insert the cd magazine and you hear the changer accessing the CDs, then when I press the CDC button it says no CD available. I have all 6 slots filled and checked with the CD facing either way to verify I had them inserted correct. The CDs will play in the dash but cannot get the CD Changer to play them.

any thoughts?

thanks

Josh

its in the manual, something like left side fusebox, number 17, but you need to check the inside of the fuse cover for the location and the manual for the number

Did you check the fuse?

thanks

josh

Can you confirm the message on the screen please ? you say it says "No Discs Available, not "No Changer available" just to be clear. If its saying no discs, I have seen that before a long time ago on one of the boards, if so the changer has to be replaced or repaired. I would try ebay for a replacement, OR buy a Mobridge unit and fit an iPod in its place.

Try with a new or well known worked magazine first, if no result, let the changer repair.

thanks, it has not worked since I purchased it last year. I just bought a new magazine but no go with that either.