Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Rough Suspension?

Hey guys,

So I just recently replaced all 4 tires on my boxster. i've never owned a boxster prior to this one, so I'm not sure what the suspension or handling is supossed to be like to begin with, however, it seemed to me like it was stiff (a good thing) but the slightest bumps are more like "bangs". Is that normal? I mean you really feel the bumps, cracks in the roads when you hit them. The car now has 80K on it. Replacing all 4 tires didn't seem to help. The wheel seems "slightly off centered" when driving, and vibrates / shakes a bit at speeds over 40mph. Wondering what types of problems I have, and what I can do to fix them diy wise if necessary.

Thanks

I would have the tire balance checked again, and maybe do an alignment. That should remedy the shimmy at 40mph.

As for the tight suspension and "feeling" every bump in the road, normal. Mine rides like a Mac truck compared to my

Toyota Camry, but I don't take diminishing radius turns at 50mph in it either. I think its just the low profile of the Porsche

tires that contribute to the rougher ride, like all the other cars with thin profile tires.

Happy Porsching!

• 2 weeks later...
What size wheels, what were your old tires, what are your new tires and what tire pressure are you using?

Jim

Everything is essentially stock. The car has not been lowered (that I know of) The wheels are the 18" Turbo wheels (stock on the 3.2 L S). Here's a few pics.

000_0042.jpg

000_0043.jpg

000_0044.jpg

000_0045.jpg

000_0046.jpg

And this one is taken at the height of the ground

000_0047.jpg

Looks like its time to put your car on a lift and check the suspension. With a name like G-Pullin, I am guessing a strut

or other suspension piece is damaged. :D

I honestly don't do too much in terms of "racing" occassionally the boost of speed on the highway here and there, but it's a summer only car. And that license plate I literally just got last week lol.