Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I recently had my dealer install a 997-044-901-51 Retrofit Kit Update on the nav system in my 2006 C2. They did not provide any additional instructions for operating the system. I am still exploring what exactly is different between the before and after. However, one thing that is very apparent is that the map now displays numerous icons all over for what appears to be gas stations, grocery stores, and various other types of businesses. Should any additional instructions been provided? Does anyone know where the code for the icons can be found so that I know for sure what the icons represent? Also, is it possible to turn the icons off?

Thanks in advance for any information that may be out there.

• Admin

:welcome:

According to the TSB "Additional new features can be found in the Owner’s Manual or Quick Reference Guide for the PCM2.1 as of model year 2006."

All the other instructions are for Porsche Techs doing the install. They are based on the options and current level of your software prior to upgrading.

It is TSB 32-07 9110 PCM2.1 - Navigation Update -- dated July 11, 2008.

All our Contributing Members here have access to read all TSBs online.

They can also use the Retail Price Search feature, and access the Contributors Only Forum. They can send attachments with PMs, image storage limits are raised for all Contributing Members, RennTech.org email addresses are available and a personal Blog.

Contributions help defer the cost of running this site and providing this information to you. No one has to contribute but many members do. Without contributions this site would either have to go subscription or cease to exist.

I suggest you get the PCM quick reference and full instruction manuals. All the information on operating the system can be found there. The problems you are experiencing are the result of having new functionality and no supporting documentation. This appears to be an oversight in the supplied navigation retrofit package.

Thanks for all 3 responses. It was especially insightful getting 3 very different approaches to answering the question. I did find the answer in the manual.

Lesson learned...... read before you write. Loren you are the best, thanks again!

Get the MY06 PCM manual - available from your dealer or on eBay. It will show you how to use the new functionality. There is an easy way to turn off the icons - go into MAP mode, hit the "SET" button and make sure POI is unchecked by pressing the right side round rotary knob.