Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

newbie please help

Thanks in advance for any advice!

My wife's 2001 911 cab , interior fan is not blowing.Car has 31k miles and has 25k service 1 year ago.

Took it into the Local porsche dealer service and this is the checklist i just received!

I am in North New Jersey.

I know servicing the car is steep , but this appears to be over the top.

Replace interior fan motor - $930

Brake fluid flush-$170

air bag maintainance -$145

Parking brake adjustment-$145

Clutch squeak $$145

plastic window cleaned $74

Cab sealer $129

Replace front tires $580

Alignment $ 449

Engine roller bearing $ 557

Thanks in advance for any advice!

My wife's 2001 911 cab , interior fan is not blowing.Car has 31k miles and has 25k service 1 year ago.

Took it into the Local porsche dealer service and this is the checklist i just received!

I am in North New Jersey.

I know servicing the car is steep , but this appears to be over the top.

Replace interior fan motor - $930 Hmmmm, never seen one die, 914's, X1/9's, MG's, tr7's, ???

Brake fluid flush-$170

air bag maintainance -$145

Parking brake adjustment-$145 ?????

Clutch squeak $$145

plastic window cleaned $74

Cab sealer $129

Replace front tires $580 Nice to see you are using the Pirelli P-Zero's, or the Michelin PS2's

Alignment $ 449

Engine roller bearing $ 557 If this is what I think it is, you can do it in 10 minutes and the part is around $50

I am not familiar with the costs on some of the things, but some of the things don't add up for me. You must have some serious wheels my front tires are 245-35-19's and I get them replaced for about $450, Alignment seems a bit high but you are talking Porsche service costs.

If the engine roller bearing is the same as the tensioner bearing, mine fell off my car, I got it from Sunset, literally 5 minutes it can be on the car. Torque bolt, slide belt, remove bolt, reverse done. As for the fan motor I would do some checking on my own. Check the switch, check fuses, and so on. It is typically alot of work to change the motor, but these motors are very reliable. GL

• Moderators

Interior fan motor replacement labor time 996= approx. 15 minutes. Airbag maintenance ( profound check up airbag system - not only fault codes reading ) labor time= approx. 15 minutes. Not that cheap over there.

Interior fan motor replacement labor time 996= approx. 15 minutes. Airbag maintenance ( profound check up airbag system - not only fault codes reading ) labor time= approx. 15 minutes. Not that cheap over there.

15 minutes wow, is it in the cowl?

• Moderators

In the right corner behind the glove box ( under the interior filter ), practically the same possition as in the Cayenne, 3 or 4 small bolts to remove and slide out.

In the right corner behind the glove box ( under the interior filter ), practically the same possition as in the Cayenne, 3 or 4 small bolts to remove and slide out.

You said Glove box I assume you have an 03 or newer. . . But even still that is amazing that it should be that easy to get to. I had to replace the flap seals in one of my X1/9's and dear God man I had to remove the shifter console, the center console, raise the dash, and then grunt alot and finally after 6 screws placed by a contortionist were removed it came out. Sounds like a good opp to do a write up.