Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New 18" Wheels for my Boxster

I currently have an 03 boxster with the 18" carrera wheels...am thinking of going with some aftermarket 18" turbo look wheels, which have 50 and 46 mm offsets.....8"X 10"...the manufacturer says they will fit the boxster ...are there any issues I might run into when installing these.....will I need new tires, or can I just take my old tires off the 18" carrera's?

post-34300-1231345882_thumb.jpg

thanks!

?

I currently have an 03 boxster with the 18" carrera wheels...am thinking of going with some aftermarket 18" turbo look wheels, which have 50 and 46 mm offsets.....8"X 10"...the manufacturer says they will fit the boxster ...are there any issues I might run into when installing these.....will I need new tires, or can I just take my old tires off the 18" carrera's?

post-34300-1231345882_thumb.jpg

thanks!

Edited by juniinc

I'd be interested in your old wheels too if they're the 18" carrera lightweights.

Those 18" turbo wheels you're looking at are replicas, and the p-cars in those images have the real 19"s mounted.

yeah...i figured as much.....however the replica wheels look pretty good in the pictures....I actually think Im gonna go with some 19" wheels...replica 997tt. I just like the look better then my 18 carerra's......and yes i might be selling my old wheels....they are the 18" lightweight carerra 5 spokes.....they do have a little curb rash on them, so if you are interested you can message me....or my email is summervillejr@yahoo.com

Stay away from all sorts of replica's. My Boxster came with OEM 17" wheels. Small light weight wheels. They were ok but I wanted to go bigger. Hmmm. I fought why fork out over $1000 for used 18" Carrera Turbo Wheels when you can get new Turbo wheels (replica) for $600, with correct offset, no spacers necessary. Nice deal, right.

WRONG.

After a year rear wheels are bent like uneven!!! egg if I can describe it that way. I live in Florida so the roads are pretty good. I've never hit anything with them. In addition they are so heavy, that the car doesn't respond to me like it used too. The car is much slower than with OEM wheels. Beside that they look pretty nice. Paint doesn't peel. They're still shiny.

My recommendation for you is, save more cash and buy used well known brand wheels (make sure they are straight and true) rather than buying new garbage that you would have to replace after a while. Check our forum - for sale, check ebay, craiglist and etc....

If all you care is how your car looks like then I would go with replicas and those 997tt wheels are hot. I was thinking about them for a while but the OEMs are going for over $3K.

BTW I buying these next week.

post-12603-1232304416.jpg

Edited by niebyl2002