Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello guys! My new car is finally here!! I got a great deal on a 2008 model Carrera S. I will try to upload some pics as well. Love the car! Unfortunately I picked it up and had to go out of town the next day so not much play time yet. Can't wait to put some miles to let it rip...

post-17847-1231683048_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! Took the car for a little exercise today -- very very impressed. The throttle response is superb and I really like the note of the sport exhaust better than my old C4s. Also what an improvement on the lighting department with the bixenons. Definitely an updgrade from previous car but these xenons are much better than any car I own (including Audis and BMW's). Will keep you all posted of my progress and experiences.

You'll have to forgive my gushing. This is my first car with anything over 200 bhp. It's by far, the most fun I've had behind the wheel of any car: even more fun than my late mom's (!) C-4 Corvette ("Mo-o-o-m-m, that's a 150 mph car. . . I'll be right over!")

Enjoy! The car is beautiful. Owned one (non S) since August and had the chance to put it on a track just yesterday. All I can say is WOW! Still can't wipe the smile from myself, they really are outstanding machines. If you get the chance, I highly recommend "stretching her legs".3192257901_b6e244f99b_m.jpg

Edited by rob545

I stopped by this thread because I took you literally! I thought you picked up new wheels!! I absolutely love them and have been looking (sort of casually) for a deal on the Sport Wheels for months. If you want to swap yours for my stock Carrera S' (plus cash), let me know! ;-) Or, better yet, your 2008 for my 2005?? Otherwise, your picture has inspired me to just bite the bullet on my own version of "new wheels"!

Car looks great, enjoy!!

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really like the Sport Wheels quite a bit as well :) I took the car for some "exercising" around some mountain roads and really enjoyed it. I am SO impressed with the sport function and the ability to "lose" the tail whenever the car is pushed and the increased sensitvity of the throttle. The sport exhaust note does not hurt either! I am looking forward to racking some miles to let her rev in the 6k rpm range!!!