Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

front drivers seat clicks back when accelorating

ok well ive checked the runners and all is well and not loose.... when you accelorate it the back of the seat seems to click back like its giving way by a few mill enought to feel have searched and dont see anything like this but wondered is it an issue with the seat design its self, something worn under the leather ??? its very anoying it feels like a loose runner but its not it doesnt even move when you grab seat and jiggle it just kinda pops back when your sitting in it....

car has done 73k 1999 cab seat not worn or signs of fat PO im 13 stone so not a lard arse either.... right foots a bit heavy but eh its a porsche !!!!!

look forward to hearin from yah

what happens after your seat is clicked back? Does it come forward a bit then clicks back when U accelorate?

How did U inspect it? Are those 4 mounting bolts tight?

It is easy to remove your seat(5minutes). just be careful not to trigger the airbag light, I usually leave my wiring hradness intact. Also protect your door sill

I would remove then inspect the railing.

I had some play in the height adjustment arms and bushes on the sports seats in my C2 which gave a clicking noise, especially when I got in and out of the car. The bushes are nylon, and two of them were very badly worn. You have to buy the bolt and bush together, as they aren't sold separately. The front and rear boltt+bush are different, and there is a radical difference in price. One is cheap, and the other is VERY expensive. I also bought the two short swing arms, as they were very cheap - I didn't want to have to do the job twice. Not a difficult DIY. Items 4 and 10 in the diagram.

post-4000-1233266487_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...