Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

X74 vs Row M030 part #

Hi Everyone,

Here I stand with a Row M030 kit sitting in my garage when I thought I ordered a X74 kit. After Three days of back and forth with the dealer. They are telling me that the X74 is not availible as a "KIT"

I have a 99 996 C2, 6 speed.

The kit that arrived is the 00004450027.

Will the 00004450035 kit really be the X74 and fit. Or can I make it fit. Also, what are the spring color markings for the front and rear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris

:welcome:

X74 is not recommended for MY99 cars as the chassis was made stiffer in MY2002.

Both of the kits above are for MY02-04.

post-1-1235797591_thumb.png

While it may not be recommended it will fit. It would seem that if people are installing the PSS9's or 10's on the car it can handle the X74.

Thoughts. This car is a street/DE car with about 10 events a year.

Again, Thanks. We really don't have a race shop here or near Syarcuse NY. Nearest would be CT. Currently, I have installed a Rollbar. Have not gone the whole cage route as the time trail events and other types of events have not required it yet. Should we move completely over to NASA or PCA club events another car is in the future. The search for a GT3 Cup as already started (casual search). As everything in these economic times the business comes first. So, I am attempting to make the best out of what I already have.

That said any more advise?

Are you on Michelin slicks with 5+ years of pro-driving experience? If not.. install them and run them :) You will be fine. I cannot find pics right now to show you where to look for the cracks and it is not easy to descrive without a tub in front of us :(

B

Are you on Michelin slicks with 5+ years of pro-driving experience? If not.. install them and run them :) You will be fine. I cannot find pics right now to show you where to look for the cracks and it is not easy to descrive without a tub in front of us :(

B

I appreciate the input... I have been driving sense the early 80's when I got my SCCA credentials, after years of following the regoinal FF grind, I moved into SVRA racing with a F2000. thoughout all the time I have driving numerous types of cares up to F1 vintage stuff. Yet, I do not consider myself a Pro by any stretch of the imagination. Just a guy who likes to drive.... Currently I use Pilot Sprot Cups, for rain and Hankook racing slicks. Still, I am far from a Pro driver whom can produce the kinds of forces that will stress crack a tub. If you are ever able to find the pics please send them along.

Thanks for the help... :D