Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to tell what TSBs have been completed to date?

I bought a CPO 2004 CTT from a Porsche/Audi/Volkswagen dealer in CT in June 2008. So far the car has been great, a real beast. No problems with the exception of failing rear hatch struts in cold weather but I have only put about 3K miles on it to date as I live in NYC and don't get a chance to really exercise it's inner demons. Even though it was CPO'd by the dealer, I have a sneaking suspicion that all of the factory recommended TSBs have not been performed prior to me taking ownership. Does anyone have access to what TSBs have been performed on a specific car to date? For reference, my VIN is WP1AC29P14LA91662

For your efforts, I will send you Billboard Magazine's top 1000 rock songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s in MP3 format.

Thanks in advance - Steve

• Admin
I bought a CPO 2004 CTT from a Porsche/Audi/Volkswagen dealer in CT in June 2008. So far the car has been great, a real beast. No problems with the exception of failing rear hatch struts in cold weather but I have only put about 3K miles on it to date as I live in NYC and don't get a chance to really exercise it's inner demons. Even though it was CPO'd by the dealer, I have a sneaking suspicion that all of the factory recommended TSBs have not been performed prior to me taking ownership. Does anyone have access to what TSBs have been performed on a specific car to date? For reference, my VIN is WP1AC29P14LA91662

For your efforts, I will send you Billboard Magazine's top 1000 rock songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s in MP3 format.

Only your dealer can look those up for you.

When I spoke to the dealer, he said that he checked the computer and that nothing was listed so that meant that all the TSB's had been done. Does that sound right? My gut being in the technology business is that it would have listed the TSB's that had been completed to date. Any insight would be appreciated.

• Admin

When I spoke to the dealer, he said that he checked the computer and that nothing was listed so that meant that all the TSB's had been done. Does that sound right? My gut being in the technology business is that it would have listed the TSB's that had been completed to date. Any insight would be appreciated.

That would only be "required" TSBs, Workshop Campaigns and Recalls.

He would have to look through all the service records to see the "not required" TSB work. Many TSBs are done on as "as needed" basis.

As Loren states TSB's are done on an as needed basis. A lot people use the term mistakenly use TSB as a generic word to cover campaigns (recalls which are required by law Porsche complete free of charge), service actions (voluntary improvements completed free of charge by Porsche as they see fit) and TSB's (repair instructions for a specific problem which Porsche is under no obligation to peform). Any dealer is able to tell you very easily which campaigns and service actions have been completed on your vehicle provided with the VIN. Telling if there have been any TSB's completed would require looking over the warranty history line by line and then cross referencing that with available TSB's which would be no easy task.