Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help! Car will not start

This is the second time I've tried to sell this car where the day before something bad happens and I have to cancel the sell. Today is the day I was going to drop the car off and finalize the deal, but it won't start!!!!!

It's a 2001 carrera 4. Last night I backed it into my parking spot. I put the mufflers back on, and put the stock stereo back in. That's all I did, and now it will not start at all. All the electrical works. I turn the key and nothing happens. The battery is fine.

It's kinda low on gas, I believe the meter said I could go 20 miles. That's all I can think of.

Any ideas? I can't believe this is happening again.

It was a blown 7.5 amp fuse.

I checked all the fuses once, then I had tried to bypass the clutch switch and that didn't work. Noticed my stereo was acting weird, it would stay on even after I turned the car off and set the alarm. I then re-checked the fuses and found the one I missed. It was hard to tell it was blown, I had to look very close.

The car sale is now pushed back til tuesday. When will I be free of this car?!

Yep, it fired right up once I replaced the fuse. So a little 7.5 amp fused caused much stress. But it was my fault, it must have shorted when I was pulling out the stereo and putting the stock one back in.

When will I be free of this car?!

Your car doesn't want to leave you!

Haha, I know, and I don't want to leave it. But it's time to upgrade!! I will miss the hell out of it.

I experienced symptoms like those you describe a few years ago with my '01 C2 Cab and learned that the problem was due to a faulty ignition fuse located behind the igintion switch. The repair was simple and not very costly and the car has started fine ever since.

I experienced symptoms like those you describe a few years ago with my '01 C2 Cab and learned that the problem was due to a faulty ignition fuse located behind the igintion switch. The repair was simple and not very costly and the car has started fine ever since.

There's a fuse there too?! Problem with these cars with all the electronics is they are loaded with hidden fuses. Unless that goes for every car....I remember my g35 had a crapload of fuses too.

• Moderators

All the fuses are in the designated fuse boxes (see owners manual) except 1 fuse on the rear of the radio/PCM and 1 on the rear of the alarm control box, there are no further OEM fuses hanging around in the car.