Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Turbo front bumper on C2

Hi,

I just replaced my 2003 C2 front bumper to a Turbo front bumper. The bumper was a straight bolt on as far as all screws and side markers, but we had to cut the front aluminum “crash beam” down to the 2 bolts that hold it to the body.

I realize the safety compromise, was there another way to do it? Did I need to replace the front beam to a Turbo beam?

I made some other cosmetic changes you can see it here.

post-25914-1239529095_thumb.jpg

post-25914-1239529175_thumb.jpg

post-25914-1239529189_thumb.jpg

post-25914-1239529199_thumb.jpg

post-25914-1239529224_thumb.jpg

post-25914-1239529234_thumb.jpg

Looking at the difference between the C4S and the C2, the C4S has bumper reinforcement part number 996.505.011.03 while the C2 has 996.505.031.00. The C4S part does seem to be trimmed to about the width of the impact absorbers, which are the same 996.505.015.00 in both C4S and C2.

post-18633-1239714781.png

post-18633-1239714787.png

I put a C4S bumper on my 03 C2. I didn't cut anything. I just put black electric tape over the part of the metal bumper that was showing in the grill and it looks great 3 years later. Try test fitting the bumper with the tape and see if it looks good enough for you. I didn't incur any extra expense for a new bumper or any extra effort cutting the existing one.

post-4765-1239844889_thumb.jpg

Edited by PorschePRH

I put a C4S bumper on my 03 C2. I didn't cut anything. I just put black electric tape over the part of the metal bumper that was showing in the grill and it looks great 3 years later. Try test fitting the bumper with the tape and see if it looks good enough for you. I didn't incur any extra expense for a new bumper or any extra effort cutting the existing one.

well we test fitted it before cutting and there was no other way. the C2 metal bumper is much longer than the 2 radiator colling ducts and the metal touches the grill and there was a lot of fitting gaps.

so we ended up cutting it, but it was worth it.

well we test fitted it before cutting and there was no other way. the C2 metal bumper is much longer than the 2 radiator colling ducts and the metal touches the grill and there was a lot of fitting gaps.

so we ended up cutting it, but it was worth it.

It was years ago when I did the work, so come to think of it, I do think I trimmed some plastic off the grills to make it fit.

But if you're done, you're done.

• 2 months later...
This process has been covered here before (if you take the time to Search).

You either cut the existing bumper re-enforcement or use a Turbo one.

I have a 03 Carrera (Narrow Body) I also would like to install OEM front turbo bumper. Question: Will there be a fitment problem for a Narrow Body??

Edited by cakasa

• Admin
This process has been covered here before (if you take the time to Search).

You either cut the existing bumper re-enforcement or use a Turbo one.

I have a 03 Carrera (Narrow Body) I also would like to install OEM front turbo bumper. Question: Will there be a fitment problem for a Narrow Body??

Did you read the post you quoted?

I said it will fit - BUT you need to change to the TT bumper re-enforcement or cut your bumper re-enforcement.

honestly, i liked your original look much better.

the turbo bumper is too big for the narrowbody. it's what i would call... "top heavy."

i really like the narrowbody styling as is esp with that cup spoiler u have on... when it was body color.

Edited by Benjamin Choi