Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

In my ongoing quest to make the task of washing my 996 easier, I came across this ... http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/index.shtml . I was a little reluctant considering the claim that I would not have to dry the car after I rinsed the soap off. I bought the kit for $20. As per instructions, washed the car, rinsed, let it sit in shade. Well I'll be D*a*m*m*e*d!! - It worked. I do not have a water spot on the car except for a few places I missed when I was rinsing. Whats better - no more soap bucket - just a lamp's wool mit and the kit. - Easy. :D

• 1 month later...
I almost purchased this product at Meijers (on sale).  I am surprised it works.

My966, Im glad it worked for you. I bought it and returned it.

No bucket, just spray on the soap and wash.

Nice stream of water from the normal water rinse

Did seem to sheet off the water well and the likelihood of no spots was good

I like the idea of not having to run a towel or shami over my paint. That has to be helpful.

Dislikes:

A little heavy, since it's tethered to the hose, but not a deal killer

I noticed that the wash mit wound up very dirty (more so than normal). Why?

The stream of filtered water for the no water spot feature was fairly weak. It takes a while to do. Perhaps as long as using a towel.

Takes a while to sheet off the water.

Seemed to remove the wax (Zaino) from my car

While you may not have spots, there are various areas on any car which continue to drip water out of various gaps. Those will streak as normal and need to be wiped with a towel/shami.

The thing that probably pained me the most was sitting there staring at the car waiting for the water to slowly sheet off. It does not happen as fast as they portray on TV (I know, never believe anything on TV). I'm sure if I continued to use it I'd just walk away, but it's so hard to do. And you still have areas that need to be dried with a towel/shami.

The biggest two problems to me were what appeared to me to be a removal (or at least a decrease) in my Zaino, and the fact that I still have to hit it with a towel/shami for the drips and runs.

For a car I really don't care about (if there is such a thing), I'd use it in a heart beat. Maybe even for my dirt bikes, but drying them isn't especially time consuming.

Just my thoughts. Others may differ. :D

Dean

Good morning All,

I agree with Dean. I to purchased the kit and was not impressed. The wash mit turned almost black, and after about 20 washes with my normal Zymol wash the mit is still black!!! Also the product smells real strong to the point of my wife not wanting to go for a ride after I finished washing the car. The only regret is I though the stuff in the garabage instead of returning it for my money back. It did dry with no spots as advertised.

Stan