Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Workshop Manual

Hello all..

I am a new user, Just joined a mint ago.. My 2009 Boxster S will be with me in 1st June 2009 hopefully...

This is my 1st porsche and hope i will be learning alot from you people!

I am looking for what so called Workshop Manual for the boxster or boxster S for the 987

can anyone tell me where i can download it from please?? i want to learn my new babes details...

thanks all.... :)

• Admin
Hello all..

I am a new user, Just joined a mint ago.. My 2009 Boxster S will be with me in 1st June 2009 hopefully...

I am looking for what so called Workshop Manual for the boxster or boxster S for the 987

can anyone tell me where i can download it from please?? i want to learn my new babes details...

Porsche workshop manuals are not free.

You can buy manuals in sections from PIWIS TSI. PWIS TSI = Porsche Integrated Workshop Information System - Technical Service Information

I would not buy any 2009 model manuals yet because they are still writing them and what you buy will likely be incomplete. It usually takes Porsche about 1 year to deliver a completed manual.

And, no you do not get to download the completed version free after updates - you have to buy it again.

Hello all..

You can buy manuals in sections from PIWIS TSI. PWIS TSI = Porsche Integrated Workshop Information System - Technical Service Information

I would not buy any 2009 model manuals yet because they are still writing them and what you buy will likely be incomplete. It usually takes Porsche about 1 year to deliver a completed manual.

And, no you do not get to download the completed version free after updates - you have to buy it again.

Thanks man appreciate it.. but i found free manuals for some models on XXXXXXX but didnt have the 987 they had others and complete, anyway thanks and if i found somthing i will tell all for sure!!!

Edited by alhappydude

• Admin
Hello all..

Thanks man appreciate it.. but i found free manuals for some models on pdftown.com but didnt have the 987 they had others and complete, anyway thanks and if i found somthing i will tell all for sure!!!

DO NOT post copyrighted materials here - please re-read the board rules.

• 1 year later...

Hi Loren,

I was at an independant workshop the other day and he has a PIWIS. They let me navigate through it for a few minutes. Of course, I did not want to ask too many questions, cos I did not want to impose. However, I could not find where to locate the electronic workshop manuals that I had thought are loaded into PIWIS.

The left bar was a Menu which read:

DIAGNOSTICS

WIRING DIAGRAMS

FAULT FINDING

INFORMATION

XX - can't remember

YY - can't remember

When touching INFORMATION on the touchsreen, the drop menu showed

What's new

Information

Help

Log - something - can't remember.

To cut the story short, basically, I could not find the workshop manuals under INFORMATION.

Was I looking at the wrong menu?

Hello all..

• Admin

The manuals/troubleshooting is only available for the newer cars - some came with the 9x7-1 series and much more in the 9x7-2 series.

So the older cars (9x6 series) do not have any additional information in PIWIS. Technically when you access a px6 series car in PIWIS it loads the older PST2 program for diagnosis.

I see, that makes sense. Older cars fall back on the PST2 "emulation".

So, in order to access the workshop repair manuals for, say, a 997, in PIWIS, how would you navigate to it in the program?

The manuals/troubleshooting is only available for the newer cars - some came with the 9x7-1 series and much more in the 9x7-2 series.

So the older cars (9x6 series) do not have any additional information in PIWIS. Technically when you access a px6 series car in PIWIS it loads the older PST2 program for diagnosis.

I think that if you go to Information>Information it will load the PIWIS browser, and if you look in Favourites (the star icon) there is a link to the Porsche Network. If the PIWIS has an active Internet connection, I believe you can access the manuals from there, presumably via PIWIS TSI as Loren mentioned in a previous post.

But I think access depends on whether the "owner" has bought that particular "module"? Or are all the manuals available through this mode?

I think that if you go to Information>Information it will load the PIWIS browser, and if you look in Favourites (the star icon) there is a link to the Porsche Network. If the PIWIS has an active Internet connection, I believe you can access the manuals from there, presumably via PIWIS TSI as Loren mentioned in a previous post.