Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Homelink (garage opener)died

After replacing my battery my garage door opener (homelink) no longer works. I thought it just lost it's codes, but when I attempted to relearn the codes I could not even get the LED to blink. I followed the directions and had the key on and fog lights off. Any suggestions, does anyone know which fuse the homelink is powered from?

After replacing my battery my garage door opener (homelink) no longer works. I thought it just lost it's codes, but when I attempted to relearn the codes I could not even get the LED to blink. I followed the directions and had the key on and fog lights off. Any suggestions, does anyone know which fuse the homelink is powered from?

I have the same problem, after having the dealer check it out they started talking about changing the whole thing and installing a new one (meaning a lot of cash from my pocket). So I just forgot about it and decided to live without the homelink. If anyone knows of an easy fix for this problem would greatly appreciate the help.

I have seen this problem mentioned before, both here and over on the Rennlist 997 forum. I bet your heated seats do not work either.

The solution seems to be having the dealer do something called a "hand over reset".

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen this problem mentioned before, both here and over on the Rennlist 997 forum. I bet your heated seats do not work either.

The solution seems to be having the dealer do something called a "hand over reset".

Does anyone have any more info on this "hand-over reset" I'm having the exact same issues (mentioned in another thread). Kind of glad they're not separate issues, never-the-less still a problem.

Thanks

Sam

• Admin

Does anyone have any more info on this "hand-over reset" I'm having the exact same issues (mentioned in another thread). Kind of glad they're not separate issues, never-the-less still a problem.

Thanks

Sam

What do you want to know?

Basically they just run a program the PIWIS that inventories the control units in the car and resets them to their new car delivery state. It is a no brainer.

Thanks

Sam

Basically they just run a program the PIWIS that inventories the control units in the car and resets them to their new car delivery state. It is a no brainer.

have just made an appointment with my Porsche dealer to go in and do the hand-over reset, cost $65. Will update this thread with results

sam

• Admin

Thanks

Sam

have just made an appointment with my Porsche dealer to go in and do the hand-over reset, cost $65. Will update this thread with results

sam

:o A good dealer would not charge for this obvious warranty/Porsche fault.

sam

Loren,

That $65 is the least of my worries, they are going try and get my 'stuck' CD out of the PCM if not replacement is $2600 for the complete new unit! I say bull... my warranty was over 04/30/09 car has 25kmiles

Sam

Edited by tekky

sam

Loren,

That $65 is the least of my worries, they are going try and get my 'stuck' CD out of the PCM if not replacement is $2600 for the complete new unit! I say bull... my warranty was over 04/30/09 car has 25kmiles

Sam

I had a battery failure and lost all electronics except for the headlights. I was told by the dealer that they reset all the computers and recharged the battery. Problem Solved

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased a pre-owned 997. Upon delivery inspection I found out heated seats were not working. Sales person suggested I talk to service manager to fix.

Over the weekend I found out Home Link was not working either. After search in this site, I found out my car simply needed a "hand over reset" using PIWIS. Prior owner had replaced the battery.

In less than 15 minutes, technician connected PIWIS to my car, did the "hand over reset", and now my heated seats and Home Link are working.

Cheers,

Edited by Flying Cat