Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCM3 OEM Camera Installation Help

I have a Cayenne 09 GTS and I have purchased all the OEM parts to install the rear view camera.

The parts that I have are the following:

955-555-367-00 - Molding R

955-555-844-00-9B9 - Support Molding

955-618-045-00 - Control Unit

955-618-050-00 - Support C

N-106-697-01 - Speed Nut

N-908-195-01 - Lense-HD. S

955-612-814-10 - Wiring Harness

955-644-290-00 - Reversing

955-645-292-01-G2X - Trim Rever

955-645-294-00 - Screw 4x12

955-647-218-20 - Connecting

Does anyone have schematics that could aid me with this installation?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, i am now trying to do the same. How did your project go?

Well I installed everything but Porsche wont give me the unlock codes to make the camera work. My next option is to buy a NAV-TV module that is supposed to bypass porches security and enable the camera. I still haven’t done that yet. The module runs around $700.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to hear that. so how at the end have you delt with 955-647-218-20? is this a connector for control unit or camera video? where is the control unit located? from what i have figured out i need to get 955-612-814-10 - Wiring Harness which will connect two cables from the camera to a wiring loom in the roof and after that i am lost. does control unit sit next to pcm3?

p.s. i already have nav-tv unit and added BT, voice control and multimedia through it. it has some glitches though

Edited by SA321

hi Loren, do you have by any chance a diagram of how these camera control unit wires connect to the back of pcm 3? i have looked at pics you posted before for ipod connection but that part of diagram where cam connector is cut off. tks

• Admin

hi Loren, do you have by any chance a diagram of how these camera control unit wires connect to the back of pcm 3? i have looked at pics you posted before for ipod connection but that part of diagram where cam connector is cut off. tks

I think these are MOST (fiber optic cables).

post-1-127076538425_thumb.png

sorry to hear that. so how at the end have you delt with 955-647-218-20? is this a connector for control unit or camera video? where is the control unit located? from what i have figured out i need to get 955-612-814-10 - Wiring Harness which will connect two cables from the camera to a wiring loom in the roof and after that i am lost. does control unit sit next to pcm3?

p.s. i already have nav-tv unit and added BT, voice control and multimedia through it. it has some glitches though

The control unit is located behind the lift gate. I took off the entire lift gate door panel off. It fits perfect in one spot held by the clip it came with and plugs into the wire harness in my part numbers list above. If your car never had a camera you need to swap out the entire harness wich is a ***** to do. Right now I am stuck on the 2 cables that plug into the rear of the PCM. No Idea what pins it goes to. Hopefully Loren’s diagram works.

If you need more help you can PM me.

I think these are MOST (fiber optic cables).

post-1-127076538425_thumb.png

Hi Loren, many thanks but this is pcm2.1 diagram. do you have a pcm3 one? it is the most left part of this diagram that you kindly provided before

post-20455-127079491309_thumb.png

Edited by SA321

• 2 weeks later...

hello, can anobody with PIWIS look up how contacts are numbered on camera control unit? Picture attached - this is control unit side. thanks in advance. i tried to find this connector online but after few hours i am ready to give up

after some tries i figured out the pinout if anyone need it in the future (image attached)

post-20455-127187445331_thumb.jpg

post-20455-127187447459_thumb.jpg

post-20455-127271979684_thumb.jpg

Edited by SA321

Did you purchase all the part numbers I listed above? If so the Control unit plugs into the wire harness (955-612-814-10 - Wiring Harness). If your cayenne came without the camera option then this harness needs to be swapped out for this one which included the connector for this control unit. Swapping out this harness is a nightmare but possible. It took me many hours trying this. After you change the harness the control unit is connected to the harness. The control unit is located inside the lift gate or back door. You must remove the entire panel to get to it and route the new wire harness as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you purchase all the part numbers I listed above? If so the Control unit plugs into the wire harness (955-612-814-10 - Wiring Harness). If your cayenne came without the camera option then this harness needs to be swapped out for this one which included the connector for this control unit. Swapping out this harness is a nightmare but possible. It took me many hours trying this. After you change the harness the control unit is connected to the harness. The control unit is located inside the lift gate or back door. You must remove the entire panel to get to it and route the new wire harness as well.

GCar, I too was planning this mod however after reading your experience, I'm hesitant in tearing apart my GTS and ultimately, not having a functioning camera. Most owners have also complained about the OEM unit's camera angle being too close to the bumper and subsequent narrow field-of-vision. Have you looked at NavTV's unit? www.navtv.com

First off, does your GTS have the factory-installed ParkAssist option no. I7X2? If yes, the rear tailgate harness is supposed to be equipped with the aux connector for the camera. This is what the dealer parts man informed me.

With respect to the security code, have you tried programming the system using the steering wheel '+' and 'mute' buttons? If not, drop me a line and I'll give you the instructions. I'd love to see if your retrofit works out!

~Andy

GCar, I too was planning this mod however after reading your experience, I'm hesitant in tearing apart my GTS and ultimately, not having a functioning camera. Most owners have also complained about the OEM unit's camera angle being too close to the bumper and subsequent narrow field-of-vision. Have you looked at NavTV's unit? www.navtv.com

First off, does your GTS have the factory-installed ParkAssist option no. I7X2? If yes, the rear tailgate harness is supposed to be equipped with the aux connector for the camera. This is what the dealer parts man informed me.

With respect to the security code, have you tried programming the system using the steering wheel '+' and 'mute' buttons? If not, drop me a line and I'll give you the instructions. I'd love to see if your retrofit works out!

~Andy

Yeah, I got the equipped ParkAssist Option on mine. Everything is plugged in exept for 2 wires that go from the camera to the back of the PCM.

I have tried the steering wheel + and mute buttons with no luck. I got some instructions from Navtv but it did not work for me. My guess is that you need the NavTV unit to make t work.

Have you tried it?

~Andy

Yeah, I got the equipped ParkAssist Option on mine. Everything is plugged in exept for 2 wires that go from the camera to the back of the PCM.

I have tried the steering wheel + and mute buttons with no luck. I got some instructions from Navtv but it did not work for me. My guess is that you need the NavTV unit to make t work.

Have you tried it?

I was worried that you'd respond with an answer like that....unsure.gif

Last week I did a search on the PET and listed all the part numbers needed for an OEM job like yours. They all matched except for the rear lid wiring harness which, according to my parts guy was not required. So much for him being correct! BTW, how much did all the parts end up costing you in the end?

Let me know how it works out. I'm sorry I couldn't have been any further help to you. Please keep us posted on your progress.

~Andy

i had park assist installed (car being 2009 turbo) but both rear door harness and roof harness are not there to accomodate the camera. solution -

buy rear door harness from list above then add AV wire and control wire through the roof to dashboard and PCM (changing roof harness is 5hour job and a pain, btw so is pain changing rear door harness and threading it into roof connectors).

control wire goes on back of PCM pin 6 on lower left connector (blue connector looking at teh back of PCM).

but all the above is pointless as you need a code to enable PCM to view cam or get NAV-tv (PCM3BT or CAM) unit which scrambles PCM coding and enables rear cam input

i had park assist installed (car being 2009 turbo) but both rear door harness and roof harness are not there to accomodate the camera. solution -

buy rear door harness from list above then add AV wire and control wire through the roof to dashboard and PCM (changing roof harness is 5hour job and a pain, btw so is pain changing rear door harness and threading it into roof connectors).

control wire goes on back of PCM pin 6 on lower left connector (blue connector looking at teh back of PCM).

but all the above is pointless as you need a code to enable PCM to view cam or get NAV-tv (PCM3BT or CAM) unit which scrambles PCM coding and enables rear cam input

The control wire I have that goes from the roof to the back of the PCM has a 2 wires. My guess is that one of them is ground. You mentioned pin 6 for one is there another pin for the second wire?

hm. not 100% sure about second wire but my guess is this:

if you look at diagrams above there are 3 wires from control box iand two from camera (AV signal). 3 wires from control unit are:

+12 (i believe through fuse 53 on left but check in the manual)

and control wire which goes to pin 6 on pcm lower connector

if two wires you are referring to are from control unit connector i would guess the two are +12 and control

camera cable connects through a different connector (yellow) from a rear door harness. i have to look up which pins camera signal goes onto but will only be able to do it a week from now. maybe somebody can post a pcm3 pinout before that