Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

So I've had my car for over 2 weeks now and this morning I tried ejecting my CD and nothing. The CD plays just fine but will not eject. I have used this CD before and ejected just fine but will not anymore...

anyone has any opinions? I've tried everything, shutting off the car, taking out the fuse, shutting down the PCM...

Everything else works fine with the system.

Thanks in advance

Sam

Hi Sam - is this a commercial CD? If it has a label that is glued on to the surface of the CD these labels can sometimes detach a little and foul up the eject process. Try a very thin blade inserted at the upper part of the CD opening and very gently try to guide the CD out while pushing the eject button. It may take a few time to get it too work. I have had success with this technique in the past. Good luck

Hi Sam - is this a commercial CD? If it has a label that is glued on to the surface of the CD these labels can sometimes detach a little and foul up the eject process. Try a very thin blade inserted at the upper part of the CD opening and very gently try to guide the CD out while pushing the eject button. It may take a few time to get it too work. I have had success with this technique in the past. Good luck

it is a burnt disk, but I have been ejecting it fine the past couple of weeks. I have tried with a dental pick but it seems the CD sits slightly lower with respect to the opening so would have to get under it somehow to pry it up towards the eject roller... how did you get this to work? and do you have a PCM or the older style unit?

Thanks

Sam

still fiddling with this and no luck, I've tried prying the cd out as well but dont want to get too aggressive with it and damage the anything ( i dont care about the CD at all ) - any other ideas?

Sam

• 2 weeks later...
So I've had my car for over 2 weeks now and this morning I tried ejecting my CD and nothing. The CD plays just fine but will not eject. I have used this CD before and ejected just fine but will not anymore...

anyone has any opinions? I've tried everything, shutting off the car, taking out the fuse, shutting down the PCM...

Everything else works fine with the system.

Thanks in advance

Sam

Take it back to the dealer, it is a warranty item. The problem happened on for 2005's (and 06's???). Same thing happened to me and the dealer had to replace the PCM. The stuck CD was purchased not burnt.

Take it back to the dealer, it is a warranty item. The problem happened on for 2005's (and 06's???). Same thing happened to me and the dealer had to replace the PCM. The stuck CD was purchased not burnt.

Would be nice if I had warranty left on the car, I have an appointment with my porsche dealer tomorrow morning to try and get it out... the service gentleman on thephone however did mention that, if they can't it'll be a costly replacement! I've had the car for a month Thursday... :( and my warranty was up the day before I purchased it (Apr 30)

my heated seats and homelink do not work either so they're doing a PIWIS hand-over reset for me tomorrow as well and changing the oil

it is a burnt disk, but I have been ejecting it fine the past couple of weeks. I have tried with a dental pick but it seems the CD sits slightly lower with respect to the opening so would have to get under it somehow to pry it up towards the eject roller... how did you get this to work? and do you have a PCM or the older style unit?

Thanks

Sam

Use something thin and flat to guide it out while using eject. If the disk is low, then go lower. You just what to insert something smooth a centimeter or two. Try a flat plastic card, like an un-embossed credit card or a thin putty knife.

Thanks

Sam

Use something thin and flat to guide it out while using eject. If the disk is low, then go lower. You just what to insert something smooth a centimeter or two. Try a flat plastic card, like an un-embossed credit card or a thin putty knife.

Happened to me in another car and I used another CD while ejecting.

Thanks,

Hamad

Back from the dealership (also OPS) thought I'd update all of you...

My heated seats / homelink issues (not functioning) - fixed by doing the hand-over reset and yes they did charge me $65 to do this

Got my oil change done as well as full break flush (2-year in-service date).

As far as the CD, they could NOT get it out... :angry: $2,770 + 1.5 hours of labour for a new unit to go in. What a disaster...

I tried prying it out again yesterday with a plastic hotel room key and I can get under the cd okay but cannot lift it up to get it out... I spoke to a few techies at porsche and they said best would be to remove the unit from the vehicle, open it up and try to remedy the issue that way...

I dont know what I can do now, I can get a used unit off ebay for around $1500 but is that the best route to go? I would like to keep it factory.

besides this issue (not really an issue with the vehicle) the car is PERFECT, with only 25kmiles on it

Got a hold of a slightly used unit which comes with the navunit/mounts/antenna etc the part number on the unit is 997.642.143.03 now from looking around I have found simlar but slightly different unit numbers ie. 997.642.141.10

What is the difference between the part numbers? If I do grab the unit I will have AMP, CD-CHANGER + the nav which comes with the new unit\

:renntech:

Thanks

Sam

• Admin
Got a hold of a slightly used unit which comes with the navunit/mounts/antenna etc the part number on the unit is 997.642.143.03 now from looking around I have found simlar but slightly different unit numbers ie. 997.642.141.10

What is the difference between the part numbers? If I do grab the unit I will have AMP, CD-CHANGER + the nav which comes with the new unit\

Thanks

Sam

997.642.141.10 is not for the BOSE option.

997.642.143.03 is for the BOSE option.

Hi sam, depending on whether your car is 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive has a bearing on which unit is fitted, as on a four wheel drive car the unit sits vertically in the front boot area and if its a 2 wheel drive it lies horizontally, you can use either unit however if you use a 2 wheel drive unit in a 4 wheel drive car it cant read the disc properley as the unit is meant to lie horizontally and not vertically, and therefore the navigation will keep crashing, as for used units in the uk they fetch around £200-£400 sterling, in fact one sold in the uk on ebay on weds for £210 with no disc. i sold one with a disc for £240 last month, best to get one from a salvage yard so you know it hasnt been messed with prior to removal and hasnt been removed cos it was faulty,and has the original disc in it so you dont have to buy another and it will just plug and play, i have an 06 c4 cab and my nav drive packed in so i do have experience with this problem, and getting the right unit, i think there are 7 part number variations covering boxster cayman cayenne and 997, look on pelican parts.com on their parts diagrams and you will see the part numbers, find listed below part numbers i know exist for this unit as for whether it has bose or not doesnt make a difference to whether it works or not,

Regards Tim :cheers:

Part numbers (lhd = left hand drive , rhd = right hand drive)

997 642 135 03

997 642 135 04

997 642 137 02 turbo or 4wd rhd

997 642 139 02 rhd

997 642 157 00 lhd

997 642 157 01 lhd

997 642 159 01 rhd

Thanks

Sam

997.642.141.10 is not for the BOSE option.

997.642.143.03 is for the BOSE option.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Sam

If everything is still working, would adding a Dension Ipod kit ($500) be a better option? CD is a PITA anyway. You can play 1000+ song with full control of your Ipod from OEM equipment. Just a thought.

Edited by mmdo1

Thanks

Sam

If everything is still working, would adding a Dension Ipod kit ($500) be a better option? CD is a PITA anyway. You can play 1000+ song with full control of your Ipod from OEM equipment. Just a thought.

Yes and know, I'm with you on all the advantages of the dension kit, but I like to keep all parts on my cars OEM... just a personal preference. The CD came out on its own this morning when I was shining the leather dash, just pressed that eject button and there she was - the CD. I grabbed with with both my hands and pulled it out before it got eaten again. Put another cd (took me a while to grow some cojones), it played and ejected fine... Not a good experience at all but glad it decided to work with me for one reason or another.

I'm enjoying my CD-Changer (CDC4) I installed a few weeks back, so that's doing it for me for now... My next 911 though I will definitely order it with the ipod kit built in, they look / work awesome.

Sam