Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Worst Day ever...

to keep this short, this will be in listed, in order of events.

1. shortly after replacing heat control valve, my CEL comes up, but i have a feeling its the o2 sensors again.

2. i meet up with my old college friend for one drink. I drove him home but he didn't tell me he was freaking plastered. Nothing, he didn't say a word. stopped at a light and he threw up in my car. and it was a big dinner.

3. bring car in to 24 hour car wash for major interior cleaning. they wanted 100 dollars from me, trying to rip me off, but i had no choice. if i didn't get this out now, the smell will be there longer. ok so i get them to clean it. they clean and freaking smoke around my car to make things worse.

4. they spray dis infectant on my A/C controller module on the dashboard, didnt' think too much of it, but ...

5. when i'm about to leave my climate control module goes haywire. sporadic, out of control. NON OF THE buttons work. its 88 degrees tonight and the A/C module will randomly blow warm air like its the dead of winter.

only thing that worked out today was that my convertible top. or else i would have seriously burned my car down to the ground.

end of story, and time for bed. will contemplate if i'll be going to work tomorow.

i don't even care about the vomitting that much, he was my friend. what can i say, you know. but fack, my A/C control module. Why Why Why Why Why.

-Rui725asfas;fjjkl;sjkl; asdjklf ajkl;sf

Dude,

That is horrible.. I'm sorry for you. Your friend must be banned from any future ride along privledges. There is no excuse for throwing chunks in your P car.

I hope you can resolve your climate control issues. May not be as bad as you think. I would take the car wash to small claims if needed.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Edited by phillipj

great words! and yes, tomorrow will be a better day =).

one thing i didn't add that is important:

On my ride back on the flatbed, i saw a totaled Boxster S on the highway. We pulled over and called another tow truck for it. Despite these small problems, I don't think anything is as catastrophic as a car wreck. I hope the driver finds peace with himself. Thinking of that I can see the glass as half full.

Edited by Rui725

to keep this short, this will be in listed, in order of events.

1. shortly after replacing heat control valve, my CEL comes up, but i have a feeling its the o2 sensors again.

2. i meet up with my old college friend for one drink. I drove him home but he didn't tell me he was freaking plastered. Nothing, he didn't say a word. stopped at a light and he threw up in my car. and it was a big dinner.

3. bring car in to 24 hour car wash for major interior cleaning. they wanted 100 dollars from me, trying to rip me off, but i had no choice. if i didn't get this out now, the smell will be there longer. ok so i get them to clean it. they clean and freaking smoke around my car to make things worse.

4. they spray dis infectant on my A/C controller module on the dashboard, didnt' think too much of it, but ...

5. when i'm about to leave my climate control module goes haywire. sporadic, out of control. NON OF THE buttons work. its 88 degrees tonight and the A/C module will randomly blow warm air like its the dead of winter.

only thing that worked out today was that my convertible top. or else i would have seriously burned my car down to the ground.

end of story, and time for bed. will contemplate if i'll be going to work tomorow.

i don't even care about the vomitting that much, he was my friend. what can i say, you know. but fack, my A/C control module. Why Why Why Why Why.

-Rui725asfas;fjjkl;sjkl; asdjklf ajkl;sf

bites, yes, but.......

Worst day would have been your buddy drives home and you didn't know he was plowed until you end

up cleaning other bio-hazards from the carpet..... then it wouldn't matter what your AC unit was doing.

Let the AC unit dry out -- maybe it will work just fine.....

Then hit your buddy up for the cleaning bill -- or make him pay for the drinks next time AND the cab ride home.

m

The problem with your car could very easily be the ignition switch. I recently fixed a car that had the same symptom and a new ignition switch (just the $8 electrical portion) fixed the problem completely.