Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

P1124 P1126

Here's my problem (and it is most probably owner induced stupidity). I have a recurring CEL which comes up as P1124 and 1126. So far I have changed the Idle Control Valve, cleaned the Throttle Body, Changed all of the Plugs and verified the security of the coil lead and the condition of the coils. I have replaced the fuel pump. and I have also searched hi and low for an air leak of any sort finding none. I have also changed the two O2 sensors - precat. According to the trouble shooting I found on ALLDATA, the only thing left to play with is the injectors. I only get the codes at Idle and they are intermittent- they show up for several days then I may go for a couple of weeks without them. It has gotten better with each thing that has been done and I am at my wits end. Do these codes stay in the memory even though I have cleared them with a reader or are they fresh every time they show up. Aside from an occassional rough idle, I get misfire codes related to emmissions ervery now and then. Is it time for the INDY to take a look? Any help will be appreciated and a swift kick to the head is not out of the question. Thanks

• Admin
Here's my problem (and it is most probably owner induced stupidity). I have a recurring CEL which comes up as P1124 and 1126. So far I have changed the Idle Control Valve, cleaned the Throttle Body, Changed all of the Plugs and verified the security of the coil lead and the condition of the coils. I have replaced the fuel pump. and I have also searched hi and low for an air leak of any sort finding none. I have also changed the two O2 sensors - precat. According to the trouble shooting I found on ALLDATA, the only thing left to play with is the injectors. I only get the codes at Idle and they are intermittent- they show up for several days then I may go for a couple of weeks without them. It has gotten better with each thing that has been done and I am at my wits end. Do these codes stay in the memory even though I have cleared them with a reader or are they fresh every time they show up. Aside from an occassional rough idle, I get misfire codes related to emmissions ervery now and then. Is it time for the INDY to take a look? Any help will be appreciated and a swift kick to the head is not out of the question. Thanks

P1124 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation Area 1 (Cylinders 1 - 3) - Rich Threshold

P1126 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation Area 1 (Cylinders 4 - 6) - Rich Threshold

Fault area

- Intake air system leaking.

- Fuel pressure too low.

- Volume supply of fuel pump too low.

- Fuel injectors fouled.

This says your O2 sensors think that you are getting too much air - hence they are telling the DME in make the mixture richer. But the DME says it can not make it any richer - it is already at the max.

So either you have an air leak or the MAF is giving false readings.

Check the hoses and vacuum tubes on the engine and then get the MAF readings at idle and 2500 RPM (no load).

If the MAF readings are normal then you still have air leak - if they are not then you likely have a bad MAF.

Before doing anything else I would clean the MAF - cheap and easy.

When I was getting those it turned out to be an air leak in the AOS area.

likewise, AOS had started cracking. all is good now.

• 10 months later...

Before doing anything else I would clean the MAF - cheap and easy.

When I was getting those it turned out to be an air leak in the AOS area.

likewise, AOS had started cracking. all is good now.

I have the same 1124 1126 codes on my 1999 Boxster(94K) and have as much luck finding the air leak as the first poster. I have replaced the MAF and fuel filter. I have looked for vacuum leaks with a unlit propane torch. I hear no hissing sound from the motor. The engine runs smooth at 800 rpm and the independent Porsche shop that installed the new MAF said " this car runs too good to have a vacuum leak". I have pulled off the oil fill cap while it was running with no suction resistance. There is no smoke out the back of the car so I am wondering if the AOS baffles could be leaking and the car could run so good? I guess replacing the AOS would be my next step but I could use some help. I might also mention that I R and R ed the gas tank to replace the front trunk floor that was damaged from the previous owner going off the road. I was very careful when reinstalling the gas tank to get all the lines in place but I am second guessing my self and may drop the gas tank to chec it at last resort. If the an air line pulled off the gas tank would that cause the 1124-1126 codes? This car runs like a bear and I love it but I see a no inspection ticket in my future. Please Help.

Edited by pficarra1@rochester.rr.com