Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Dension or mObridge or NAV-TV

Hi all,

I am considering installing (DIY) iPOD and phone BT integration on a PCM 2.1 (MY05 C2). Have been reading all I can about different packages that can do this, but will have now to ask you expert or experienced opinions before pulling the trigger (or push the buy button). I would like any opinion, thought and discussion on comparison of the three packages from Dension, Mobridge and NAV-TV based on:

1. Ease of use or functional

2. Cost

3. Ease of installation

4. Support (downloadable SW), phone support....

5. Intangibles as to why you would pick one over the others

Many thanks

Mike

Not sure I can offer much of a comparison, but I did just install the mObridge in a 06 C2S. It works very well. Phone is seemless. I tend to use the voice recognition on my Nokia for dialing or direct dial frm the cars keypad. Going through the address book is a bit clunky, but that is down more to the P interface.

iPod is great. It is easy to get used to the interface using disc1, disc2, etc.

• 1 month later...

I opted for the dension. They have also been great for after sales suport, even outside of the warranty period. I went for the desnion so I could play my music from a USB stick, therefore no need to lug an i pod around or have issues with leaving it in the car. The USB stick supports playlists and album, artist and folder search functions as well as a full track list. The dension as you would expect also includes support for add on interfaces for bluetooth phone connections. It comes bundled with both USB, phono and I pod interface cables and can be installed in less than an hour without the need for any special tools. It also allows for the original CD changer to be retained , so with simple flick of a switch the car returns to porsche spec for servicing or if you wish to play CD's other than from the single slot in the PCM. Add on the multi function steering wheel and music selection becomes a dream.

• 2 months later...

We can help with the Dension (or other) products.

Email me anytime: eric@bumperplugs.com

We have found the Dension is very easy to use once you understand the functions, and you can program it to your liking for the features you want most....upgradable, Bluetooth and Aux inputs available, etc.

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

I am considering installing (DIY) iPOD and phone BT integration on a PCM 2.1 (MY05 C2). Have been reading all I can about different packages that can do this, but will have now to ask you expert or experienced opinions before pulling the trigger (or push the buy button). I would like any opinion, thought and discussion on comparison of the three packages from Dension, Mobridge and NAV-TV based on:

2. Cost

3. Ease of installation

Many thanks

Mike

I have had a Mobridge BT Ipod interface for 2 yrs. It works great. Haven't had any issues. It is easy to use. I believe updates can now be done over bluetooth so you do not need to use the SD card slot. That was the only issue I had, but a minor one. I had the unit installed professionally as I am not tech savy. They did a great job. The plug for the Ipod is in the center box next to the hand brake. The unit is behind the PCM. I believe the total cost with installation was around $1100.

Good Luck,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

2. Cost

3. Ease of installation

Many thanks

Mike

mobridge`s benefit is that it has both ipod and phone integration in same unit. I use mobridge.

I know that dension is more popular as it seems, may be they have better marketing base. installation for any of those units is very simple - you simply put it into optical ring and provide permanent 12v non-interruptible power to it. it wakes and goes to sleep based on activity on optical link wire.

I have the Nav TV TookiBT , Sirius & Ipod in my current car and i'm really happy

If you're only looking for BT & Ipod (no integrated Sat radio), the MoBridge & Dension are both good choices. I had MoBridge in my 05 C2S and was really happy

w