Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

X51 Engine Upgrade

• Admin

There are two kits. One for 3.6 liter (MY2002 and newer) and one for 3.4 liter cars. The 3.4 liter kit was never offered for sale in the US and may be very hard to get. I have seen prices for both kits between $8000 and $10,000. Installation requires removing the engine and a partial disassembly - including changing the cylinder heads and camshafts. The (3.6 liter) install TSB estimates about 26 hours for the work.

I have a 99 3.4l C2 and am in the process of installing the Carrera power kit.

I own a performance shop and race this car in PCA , PBOC etc.. so we are doing the install.

The kit was never sold in North America, so getting info on it has been very hard.

I tried Porsche Motorsports, Porsche North America, and several dealers including Brumos. I was told by PNA that they could not even acess the tech info. for legal reasons.

Some cars Depending on VIN will have to change pistons. Since I am on my second motor I already had the newer version.

The kit comes with everything you will find in the x51 package. they are the same but I don't think it was called by its option # until it was available here for the 3.6.

THe 3.6 and 3.4 are the same bore just different crank and rods(stroke).

We should be done and racing at Sebring on the 11th and 12th

Today is Labor day and I am at the shop putting this motor together , Braving a Hurricane thats headed right for me, to finnish for a race that I not sure wether they have or will cancel.

What a race junky I have become! :drive:

Found A great deal on the X51 on my99 C4, for $5000. Do you think it is worth it. The dealer is going to put in new engine due to the fact of RMS under warranty. How much extra should I pay for install for the X51 considering that they will have the engine out of the car all ready and I also have the GT3 radiator already installed in the car so they don't have to remove the front bumper. Do I have to change out the piston also? Thanks.

Edited by 1101mv