Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need Advice CPO warranty 911TT

Okay, so over the past two year I've owned my 911TT, it has occasionally slipped out of 2nd gear while I'm driving. Pretty frustrating, but it didn't happen too often. My CPO warranty is almost at its end, so I thought I should bring it into Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City, CA. They looked at it, told me that their best guess is that it's covered under the warranty. They called me yesterday after having it for over a week and said that Porsche is denying the claim saying that it is due to how it was driven.

What? How the hell could it be due to that? They said the gear and the synchro was severely worn in 2nd gear. No way in hell, unless I shifted without a clutch would I be able to do that in so few miles. I haven't raced or tracked the car, it's my daily driver. Nothing crazy.

What do I do? (I called Porsched yesterday, started a "case" and they said someone would call me) but considering that this is a HUGE repair and not something that was done under my ownership, I don't feel liabile. I mean crap, that's why I bought the car from a dealer and paid more for a car with a CPO warranty! (FYI - I didn't buy it from Carlsen)

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Okay, so over the past two year I've owned my 911TT, it has occasionally slipped out of 2nd gear while I'm driving. Pretty frustrating, but it didn't happen too often. My CPO warranty is almost at its end, so I thought I should bring it into Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City, CA. They looked at it, told me that their best guess is that it's covered under the warranty. They called me yesterday after having it for over a week and said that Porsche is denying the claim saying that it is due to how it was driven.

What? How the hell could it be due to that? They said the gear and the synchro was severely worn in 2nd gear. No way in hell, unless I shifted without a clutch would I be able to do that in so few miles. I haven't raced or tracked the car, it's my daily driver. Nothing crazy.

What do I do? (I called Porsched yesterday, started a "case" and they said someone would call me) but considering that this is a HUGE repair and not something that was done under my ownership, I don't feel liabile. I mean crap, that's why I bought the car from a dealer and paid more for a car with a CPO warranty! (FYI - I didn't buy it from Carlsen)

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Best advice is to go see an expert on manual transmissions, preferrably Porsche gearboxes. Ask for his expert opinion on whether there is any way to determine that you caused this wear on the gear and synchro during the two years you have driven it. If it's impossible to definitively attribute the damage to a particular time period, tell them nicely that you want something in writing stating that they are denying your claim and to set out the specific reason for their decision.

Then take a look at the terms of your CPO and see what recourse it gives you to challenge one of their decisions (probably arbitration of some form, but I have never seen a CPO agreement).

Regards, Maurice.