Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2004 Boxster S Bumper Number Needed

A4EP

So I got into a fender bender a few weeks back and the car is in to get a new front bumper cover put on. The body shop ordered the wrong one at first and said the new one would be in today but I did not get any confirmation on that. Since they messed up and ordered a standard boxster bumper cover I am a bit hesitant that while they get the Boxster S cover it may be a PRE-2003 cover and then when I go to get the car it is all wrong. So I was hoping if anyone has the exact part number for the front bumper cover for a 2004 Boxster S I would appreciate it so I can double check.

Also, the center grill was nicked in the accident and the body shop said that while it is a seperate part from the Bumper Cover it is permantly attached once it is put in, they say they can fix and reattach the old one but I don't know if they are feeding me a line of crap or not, they also said a brand new center grill with air duct comes only as a combo unit and costs about $500. That is almost as much as the bumper cover so I have a hard time believing that does anyone know that part number as well so I can double check the facts. Thanks for the help!

A4EP

• Admin

986 505 311 06 G2X Lining (front bumper) (prime coated) for MY03- on Boxster S.

985 505 551 01 G2X Cover (around opening) prime coated MY03- on Boxster S.

The inside retaining frame is: 986 505 555 02 01C Retaining Frame (satin black) MY03- on Boxster S.

The parts list does not show a grill of a Boxster S - it looks open. There are grills on the side opening but only the cover lip on the center opening.

986 505 311 06 G2X Lining (front bumper) (prime coated) for MY03- on Boxster S.

985 505 551 01 G2X Cover (around opening) prime coated MY03- on Boxster S.

The inside retaining frame is: 986 505 555 02 01C Retaining Frame (satin black) MY03- on Boxster S.

The parts list does not show a grill of a Boxster S - it looks open. The re are grills on the side opening but only the cover lip on the center opening.

Loren, Thanks for the help. I checked the part numbers and prices at a dealership today and my bodyshop has been up front with me so now I have much more peace of mind. Thanks again.

A4EP