Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Window Issues

I am currently away for work but my GF has recently contacted me and told me that she has had some issues putting up the windows on my MY00 Boxster. I did a quick few searches and saw allot of regulator problems but none seemed to match what she described to me.

After getting in the car she put the window down and said it made a horrible scraping\grinding sound.

She then tried to put the window up using the "auto up" feature and it made the same sound.

The window went all the way up, then after closing automatically started on the way back down making the same sound.

She then held the window up button. The window closed but still made the sound.

She hasn't touched the car since.

I apologize if this topic has been covered but I didn't see anything like this anywhere else.

Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced it?

Respectfully,

Ben

I am currently away for work but my GF has recently contacted me and told me that she has had some issues putting up the windows on my MY00 Boxster. I did a quick few searches and saw allot of regulator problems but none seemed to match what she described to me.

After getting in the car she put the window down and said it made a horrible scraping\grinding sound.

She then tried to put the window up using the "auto up" feature and it made the same sound.

The window went all the way up, then after closing automatically started on the way back down making the same sound.

She then held the window up button. The window closed but still made the sound.

She hasn't touched the car since.

I apologize if this topic has been covered but I didn't see anything like this anywhere else.

Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced it?

Respectfully,

Ben

Ben:

Unless something has come loose inside the door and is now scraping on the window as it goes up and down, it still sounds like a regulator problem.

A good possibility would be that the window regulator cable has started to fray/unravel.

Do a search here for a post by Chris in NH, who posted a photo (about two years ago)of what the cable looks like when it starts to unravel.

Regards, Maurice.