Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

broken clutch mounting bracket and push rod

Hello guys, got a question and hopefully can get some advice.

car has 52Kmiles and is a 2005, so no warranty.

I was driving yesterday when I pushed the clutch in heard a "snap", thought something may have fallen under the pedal then when I pushed in again the clutch pedal stayed fully depressed, had to pull over. can pull the pedal back and noticed the push rod had snapped.

looking further today I noticed that the reason it snapped is cause the alignment is off, then I noticed the aluminum mounting bracket was cracked at the bottom which must have caused the malalignment.

I hope this all makes sense the way I described, has this happened to anyone else, anyone got good ideas on how to get this fixed out of warranty?

thanks

ok one more bit of info to add, so maybe i can get some more knowledge before I go to the dealer on monday.

2 years ago I had an oil leak, when I took it in they found a leak at the crankshaft seal.

on my invoice it says

"during replacement of flywheel seal found shifter fork was broken, cause: slave cylinder rod cracked and wore release fork at contact area. replaced the clutch slave cylinder"

I'm hoping this has something to do with the problem I currently have so they may give me a break with the repair?

something just like that just happened to me! there was a snap, then the clutch stayed depressed. extremely difficult to change gears. turns out, there is clip on the nipple of the slave cylinder that fell off went into the clutch mechanism, cracked a piece of the pressure plate. long story short, new slave cylinder, new clutch. funny thing, i've got 70k miles on my 2006 c2s and the clutch (after 70k miles) looked was virtually new. cost was an annoying $3k.

looking back, i should have bought the clutch kit and slave cylinder from suncoast, took the car to an independent porsche shop and i would have saved at least $1.5K

ok one more bit of info to add, so maybe i can get some more knowledge before I go to the dealer on monday.

2 years ago I had an oil leak, when I took it in they found a leak at the crankshaft seal.

on my invoice it says

"during replacement of flywheel seal found shifter fork was broken, cause: slave cylinder rod cracked and wore release fork at contact area. replaced the clutch slave cylinder"

I'm hoping this has something to do with the problem I currently have so they may give me a break with the repair?

something just like that just happened to me! there was a snap, then the clutch stayed depressed. extremely difficult to change gears. turns out, there is clip on the nipple of the slave cylinder that fell off went into the clutch mechanism, cracked a piece of the pressure plate. long story short, new slave cylinder, new clutch. funny thing, i've got 70k miles on my 2006 c2s and the clutch (after 70k miles) looked was virtually new. cost was an annoying $3k.

looking back, i should have bought the clutch kit and slave cylinder from suncoast, took the car to an independent porsche shop and i would have saved at least $1.5K

on my invoice it says

hmm that sounds more like the first problem i had few years back....

this time its the push rod right behind the clutch pedal which broke, i hope it has something to do with the way they repaired last time which cause the alignment to be off and therefore crack.

• 2 months later...

on my invoice it says

hmm that sounds more like the first problem i had few years back....

this time its the push rod right behind the clutch pedal which broke, i hope it has something to do with the way they repaired last time which cause the alignment to be off and therefore crack.

Not a chance. There is nothing even remotely in the area of the clutch master cylinder or pedal that is involved with doing a rear main repair.

• Moderators

Usually these things will crack after time by harder than normal pedal pressure, caused by a worn clutch assembly, or after an intervention, clutch partial replacement etc., a incorrect setting of the self compensating pressure plate (997)