Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Questions regarding 2005 Cayenne 3.2 V6

Instead of posting all of my questions in other people's threads I thought I'd consolidate them all into one thread.

I own a 2005 Porsche Cayenne V6 with 62,xxx miles. I'm going to be changing the oil and rear brake pads myself this week.

My questions:

- What is the recommended oil for this car? (I live in New Jersey and I'm guessing it's 5W-40...?)

- How many quarts of oil fit into this engine?

- Can anyone offer any info our tips on the rear brake pad replacement?

- Are there any special tools I'll be needing?

All of your questions can be answered by doing a search on this website. Your owners manual lists a multi-viscosity oil which means it can be used in almost any climate including New Jersey. If you do not have an owners manual they can be found in this website also. Hope this helps.

R/GW B)

All of your questions can be answered by doing a search on this website. Your owners manual lists a multi-viscosity oil which means it can be used in almost any climate including New Jersey. If you do not have an owners manual they can be found in this website also. Hope this helps.

R/GW B)

My owner's manual mentioned 3 different oil weights for my climate. Wasn't sure which one is the correct one.

The 3.2L V-6 requires 6.7 Quarts to drain and fill with filter. A drain down time of 20 minutes is required to obtain an accurate level.

Oil type:

Above -13F......5W-40

All TEMPS......0W-40

And, in case you didnt know, your engine is made by VW for Audi and Porsche.

Your rear brakes do not require any tools different than any other brake job.

• Moderators

Off topic: Audi V6 3.2 is a classic V engine with two cylinder heads, they only use two similar VW and Porsche 10.6° V6 engine blocks, each covered by one cylinder head in a W 12 cylinder configuration for some exclusives.

Thanks for all the posts, everyone. I live in Northern NJ. I also updated my profile to include my location.

I purchased 7 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic 5W-40 (for some reason it says diesel truck fuel, doubt it matters), Mahler oil filters, brake pad sensors and brake pads.

I still have yet to buy the oil drain plug crush washers. I can't find them online so it looks like I'll have to visit the dealership.

Also, is it necessary to replace the brake pad retaining clips and pins?