Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Rollover bar

all from memory -- but I think this will get you started

put top in service mode -- there are 2 nuts on each side underneath some padding besides the drainage trays

for the convertible.

than there are 2-3 nuts each behind each seat behind a carpet trim piece. I believe all the nuts are 13mm.

that piece has an 8mm bolt at the top that connects to the bar,

and a phillips head screw in the side bottom half near engine carpet.

you also need to remove at least one seat belt bolt bolt by each seat outer side. 15mm I think.

that should do it --

good luck,

mike

that's easy. do as if you are going to put the top down... when u get half way .. when the back lid is up stop closing. there will be two cables one each side .. pry off bottom end of each .. than on back you'll see the top thin cover is connected to the back part of the shell by a simple clip on each side.once you have done that .. you should be able to lift the back half of the conv top by hand and fold towards rollbar. than you close the top most of the way.this should all be in your users manual.BTW when removing the panel behind the drivers side .. be careful there is a harness that has a connection on the bottom. you'll need to disconnect before completely removing.good luck.btw .. to get the pads off rollbar pry them off gently .. they are only pressed on.the seat belt plastic clam shell opens easily with a screw driver.I've done this now several times.first time was just inspecting as I went ... all was pretty straight forward.mike