Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Seat Belt Connector Wiring

My air bag light went off after replacing the factory seats with GT3 seats, Do anyone have the wiring diagram for the seat belt connector. I believe the seat belt connector came is either blue or green and I want to verify I connected them correctly.

thanks

how can I verify I connect the seat belt cable correctly to the cable underneath the seats

Do anyone has the Porsche manual on how the seat belt connector plug into the main connector underneath the seats?

thanks

• Admin

how can I verify I connect the seat belt cable correctly to the cable underneath the seats

Do anyone has the Porsche manual on how the seat belt connector plug into the main connector underneath the seats?

thanks

As I recall all of the connectors are keyed so you can not plug them into the wrong connector.

You need a code reader to find out what the fault is.

Here is more information

My replacement seats has no cable came with them (no electric parts), it is just a manual control seats.

I realize that on the factory seats, they came with a number of connectors that go into the main connector (which came from the cable attached to the bottom of the car)

after I switched the seats, the only cable that connected to the main connectors is the seat belt cables.

On the driver side, the seat belt cable connector is blue color with 4 pins, it is connected to the far end of the main connector

On the passenger side, the seat belt cable connector is green color with 2 bins, it is also connected to the far end of the main connector

I just learn from other article mentioning:

The 997 connector comes apart into 3 blocks. One provides the power, one control the airbag and the last is the seat belt lock connection

Even though my car is not a 997, am I missing the airbag control cable in my case or it does not apply to me?

Thanks

I also came across with another article:

Reading through the install guide, once the original seats are removed its neccessary to visit a dealer to have the seat belt and airbag sensors disabled, but are you then left with the dash warning lights always on and doesnt this get on your nerves?

Is that true that there is no way that I can get rid of the airbag warning light?

I just want to know it is by design after I switched to after market GT3 seats, my airbag light will always turn on?

I attached a picture of the connector, notice that only the seat belt cable is attached to the main switch

thanks

post-7639-127056750622_thumb.png

• Admin

Some folks that track their car a lot just got to a salvage yard and pick a seat belt buckle and plug it in when they use the racing harness - that will turn off the light.

My advise is do not try to defeat the system - work around it.

are you saying that the airbag light can be fixed even I have a set of after market seats

based on the previous posting, other people says that there is no way to get rid of the light if I have only the factory seat belt cable plug into the main connector as shown in the above picture

If I keep the existing setting (keep the GT3 seats and the factory seat belt and connected as the above picture), is that true that there is no way to get rid of the light?

I just don't want to spend the time and money to work on mission impossible task.

I have the dealer reset the light for me one time but it came back on the next day

It can not be set (or reset with the computer).

You have to fool it with a resister (100 ohm as I recall).

thansk for your reponse

How can I fool the system with a resister, I have no idea at all, can you please explain a bit more in detail so that I can do more research on it

thanks

I just do some research on the ohm resister, and I believe what you suggest me to do is to add a resister onto both main connector to close the open circuit (the root cause of the airbag light)

Do you have any idea where should I plug the resister on the main connector (the cable that came underneath the seat), do anyone done this before and have pics to show

thanks a lot

Reminder: I am using the factory seat belt and the seat belt cable is plugged into the main receptacle as shown in the picture

Below is what I found in other article:

I assume there's at least three wires going to the receptacle - power, continuity that the receptacle is plugged in, and continuity when the seat belt is plugged into the receptacle.

People suggest to place a 100 ohm resister on the receptacle if you want to by pass the factory seat belt cable, but in my case I do have the factory cable plug into the receptacle.

Out of the 3 cable listed above, I am missing 2 cables (the power and the continuity that the receptacle is plugged in)

In my case by placing a resister in the receptacle, will it solve my problem?

thanks

post-7639-127064395695_thumb.png