Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Softronic Ecu Flash

I would say how mine is for you but I only got the cable to do it today! so ill be sending my map off them this week.. I'm sure it'll all be fine judging by the amount of good reviews they have had I'd say it's well worth money and you get 495bhp.. nice!! ill keep you posted as how it goes.

I got some AP BOV's too and can see them being a pain in the arse to fit as my OEM plastic valves are fitted using those pipe clips that need pliers to remove! and i'm not sure ill be able to get to them.. does anyone have any instructions on how to fit these please or at lease how i can get to the clips!.

A

Edited by atomicveilside

I would say how mine is for you but I only got the cable to do it today! so ill be sending my map off them this week.. I'm sure it'll all be fine judging by the amount of good reviews they have had I'd say it's well worth money and you get 495bhp.. nice!! ill keep you posted as how it goes.

I got some AP BOV's too and can see them being a pain in the arse to fit as my OEM plastic valves are fitted using those pipe clips that need pliers to remove! and i'm not sure ill be able to get to them.. does anyone have any instructions on how to fit these please or at lease how i can get to the clips!.

A

Great! Please keep me posted once you upload the softronic to your ECU. :thankyou:

Ok finally got a chance to send the ecu data off. really easy took about 20 seconds to download the file. entered all my details and what the car has mod wise. DV's, panel filter. I clicked send and off it went to them.

I'm waiting on the file coming back so I'll update as i go.

I've still got my Agency Power DV's to fit too.

I'm looking forward to getting the thing done and tested!

smile.gif

Edited by atomicveilside

Hi everyone.

Well all I can say OMFG this map is very very good. It transforms the car into a beast. Throttle response is far better than stock by miles. The engine comes on boost much sooner and goes to 1-1.2 bar of boost depending on how and when you mash the throttle. it just seams to rev better and run smoother to be honest. by far better than the 6 grand X50 turbo s pack and its not 6 grand either and it'll give you 490 BHP instead of 450. Of coarse as it is a loaded up map I have no idea of my final BHP but all I know is that its far smoother and faster now! well worth the money I would say.

Install

well sending the files took 10 mins I waited about a day and half to come back. I got my maps today, unziped them to the desktop as it says, setup my battery charger as you dont want the batery going flat half way through that would be bad! plugged in the cable to the lap top, drivers come with the software for this. disabled the antivirus and plugged into the car. turned the car on, not started but on, all lights light up on the dash. nothing scary at this stage.

double clicked the map tuned file and it opens the software. it says do you want to install this!. yes I do! hit yes. then it took me from 6pm till 11pm to get the thing working!

dont worry it was not the Softronic files or software. Every time it got to connecting after the cable check step it stopped with no error message apart from "file uploaded turn key off then on" hmmm what to do know I thought, has it upload! I didnt think it had as the progress bar was only 5 blocks through and I started to worry. I could see the light on the cable was green and it goes red when writing the file or reading anything from the ecu. I decided to turn off the car, turned it back on, nothing the same message and the program did not continue.. hmmmm getting more worried now! turned off the car unplugged the cable and tried to start the car! it started so i knew i was ok. tried it again and again with no joy the same thing every time for about 3 hours! I put the battery on charge at the start but it was still going flat so I stopped and waited for it to charge and had a think about it. while doing this I then saw a log file on the desktop and opened it. It said cable cannot be registered connection closed. I knew from that file and that it hangs just at the connecting stage in the software that something was stopping it from connecting either to the web or the car. I tried to open all my ports in Norton on my computer but still no joy and we tried a few things even leaving norton turned on. So I got my house mate get his laptop and download all the stuff to his computer he opened all his ports (not in Norton as he doesnt use it) and hay presto it worked first time! we had tried it on his before we opened the ports and it did the same thing as on my laptop. the file took around 5 mins to upload. turn off the car, unplugged the cable then started the car. It worked the smile on my face was soooo big. stopped the car and my neibour came out and complained about me starting my car so late. I muttered some rude words back that sent them inside!! bloody old people!! got in the car and made as much noise I could while i went to test her out.. all I can say is get one, get one now. :D but make sure all your ports are open. I havent worked out whats stopping it from working on my PC but ill speak to softronic and see what they say as they need to put an error message up when this happens so people know waht the hell is happening as it is scary messing around with this stuff.. now my car is scary fast well worth it.

I'm in the Uk too, UK 996 turbo readers, you need one of these re-maps. sod the 3 grand exhaust buy this!! Darran at Vividracing is very nice and I paid allot less money for my DV's and this tuneup than whatI would have paid for them from the UK. I'll be using Vivid racing from now on..

O I got my DV'd fitted too managed to get thos stupid clips off after allot of help from my mate. the refitment of the new ones was easy with jubilee clips. I the cleaned my engine bay and it looks great now. took around 3 hours to it all and the cleaning.

thanks guys any questions about it just shout.

A

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

GPT 817

I noticed on the Vivid site they have several flash's avaiable for 996TT. Which on did you go with? Have you experienced any problems since install? Any issues with codes etc?

thanks

I got the flash for 996TT with launch control. I got the softronic cable from Vivid racing several weeks ago but I was so busy at work that I just worked on it this morning.

I've just extracted by 996TT ecu file and uploaded it to Softronic. Im just waiting for them to email me back the reflashed zip file.

It just took me less than 5 minutes to extract the ECU map from my car and 20 seconds to upload it back to them. Its important to read the instructions and disabled the virus scan and windows update.

Ill let you know when they email back my reflashed zip file and install it to my 996TT.

Edited by gpt817

Its been more than 48 hours since I uploaded my ecu map to softronic. I havent received my reflashed zip file. I've filled up my name, email address, year, model etc.. before uploading the file.

Will wait for another 24 hours before I call vivid racing.

Edited by gpt817

Got an email from Vivid racing and said softronic wasn't able to get my files or was corrupted. So, I was told to redo the entire process of extracting and uploading the files again this morning. It took only 19 seconds to upload and get the "upload completed" message.

Will just have to wait for the zip files to be emailed back.

I cant wait to get the reflash. The Police here don't ticket you for speeding. Practically, there is no speed limit here thats why they call our place "Paradise". :beer:

Finally, I received the email containing the softronic file and my original file for my 996TT reflash.

I will download the reflashed file tomorrow. Wish me luck so that no snafu will happen. Read and re-read the instructions to the letter.

Thanks to BJ of Vivid Racing and to Scott of Softronic.

Ill keep you posted after the reflash.

Edited by gpt817

I finally intalled the Softronic reflash to my 02 996TT.

I followed all of Scott's instruction to the letter: plug to the car a battery charger set at 10 amperes; extracted the file from my email account to the desktop; checked if there's an internet connection by going to the softronic website, www.softronic.us; disabled all virus scan, windows auto-update, windows messenger etc. plugged in the cable to the laptop and the OBDII port of the 996TT; and switched on ignition.

Then, I double clicked the zip file.When the softronic window appeared, I clicked "Yes" to proceed to download to the ECU. I looked at the status green bars and timed it. It took only 3mins 56 seconds for the "finished" box to appear.

Instead of using a wi-fi or aircard, I wired and plugged in my laptop direct to my DSL connection. In that way, the internet speed would be faster. Probably, thats the reason why it just took me under 4 minutes to install the softronic reflashed file to the ECU. I strongly recommend softronic buyers to go this way to connect to the internet.

When the "finished" button appeared, I clicked it right away, switched off the ignition, removed the cables and the laptop from the car.

Then, I started the car. Revedd it and I notice a big difference in throttle response. It was very responsive and aggressive, just like a race car. I Took the car for a test drive and WOWWWW. OMG, its a different car now!!!!! The torque was incredible. The 996TT virtually flies. Your back will stick to the car seat.

It was worth the wait for Softronic to send back my file... Again thanks to BJ of Vivid Racing and of course, conratulations to Scott for a wonderful product, more power to you!!!!.

I strongly recommend the Softronic reflash to all 996TT owners. :thumbup:

Edited by gpt817

gpt817,

What type of mods do have on your 996TT?

I have a stock 996TT and would like to, initially, get an ECU flash as my first mod.

aquinto

Hi aquinto,

I have a K24 turbo and headers from an X50, Agency Power Diverter valves, EVOMS wastegate, Samco F and intercooler hose and K&N panel filter. I also have a Sach Motorsports clutch. I still have the stock 996TT exhaust but I wil remove the cat to make a free-flowing exhaust. The after market exhaust are too noisy for me. The car came with at Tubi exhaust when I got it but I took it out and sold it. It was too noisy and deafening.

For me, the Softronic is a good investment. You can add the other mods after you reflash the ECU. They will send you back your old original file which you can install back if you're going to sell the car or don't like the reflash. The torque of my 996TT after the reflash gave me an andrenalin rush. It accelerates like no other cars. I have an EVO8 and a moded Nissan Skyline GTR TT, but my Softronic-reflashed 996TT is definitely stronger and accelerate faster.

Edited by gpt817

Hi everyone.

Well all I can say OMFG this map is very very good. It transforms the car into a beast. Throttle response is far better than stock by miles. The engine comes on boost much sooner and goes to 1-1.2 bar of boost depending on how and when you mash the throttle. it just seams to rev better and run smoother to be honest. by far better than the 6 grand X50 turbo s pack and its not 6 grand either and it'll give you 490 BHP instead of 450. Of coarse as it is a loaded up map I have no idea of my final BHP but all I know is that its far smoother and faster now! well worth the money I would say.

Install

well sending the files took 10 mins I waited about a day and half to come back. I got my maps today, unziped them to the desktop as it says, setup my battery charger as you dont want the batery going flat half way through that would be bad! plugged in the cable to the lap top, drivers come with the software for this. disabled the antivirus and plugged into the car. turned the car on, not started but on, all lights light up on the dash. nothing scary at this stage.

double clicked the map tuned file and it opens the software. it says do you want to install this!. yes I do! hit yes. then it took me from 6pm till 11pm to get the thing working!

dont worry it was not the Softronic files or software. Every time it got to connecting after the cable check step it stopped with no error message apart from "file uploaded turn key off then on" hmmm what to do know I thought, has it upload! I didnt think it had as the progress bar was only 5 blocks through and I started to worry. I could see the light on the cable was green and it goes red when writing the file or reading anything from the ecu. I decided to turn off the car, turned it back on, nothing the same message and the program did not continue.. hmmmm getting more worried now! turned off the car unplugged the cable and tried to start the car! it started so i knew i was ok. tried it again and again with no joy the same thing every time for about 3 hours! I put the battery on charge at the start but it was still going flat so I stopped and waited for it to charge and had a think about it. while doing this I then saw a log file on the desktop and opened it. It said cable cannot be registered connection closed. I knew from that file and that it hangs just at the connecting stage in the software that something was stopping it from connecting either to the web or the car. I tried to open all my ports in Norton on my computer but still no joy and we tried a few things even leaving norton turned on. So I got my house mate get his laptop and download all the stuff to his computer he opened all his ports (not in Norton as he doesnt use it) and hay presto it worked first time! we had tried it on his before we opened the ports and it did the same thing as on my laptop. the file took around 5 mins to upload. turn off the car, unplugged the cable then started the car. It worked the smile on my face was soooo big. stopped the car and my neibour came out and complained about me starting my car so late. I muttered some rude words back that sent them inside!! bloody old people!! got in the car and made as much noise I could while i went to test her out.. all I can say is get one, get one now. :D but make sure all your ports are open. I havent worked out whats stopping it from working on my PC but ill speak to softronic and see what they say as they need to put an error message up when this happens so people know waht the hell is happening as it is scary messing around with this stuff.. now my car is scary fast well worth it.

I'm in the Uk too, UK 996 turbo readers, you need one of these re-maps. sod the 3 grand exhaust buy this!! Darran at Vividracing is very nice and I paid allot less money for my DV's and this tuneup than whatI would have paid for them from the UK. I'll be using Vivid racing from now on..

O I got my DV'd fitted too managed to get thos stupid clips off after allot of help from my mate. the refitment of the new ones was easy with jubilee clips. I the cleaned my engine bay and it looks great now. took around 3 hours to it all and the cleaning.

thanks guys any questions about it just shout.

A

Atomicveilside:

Just downloaded my softronic to my 996TT. You are absolutely right its OMFG fast....Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just added the softronics to my 01 996TT. In addition I put AP DV's and Samco Hoses with F pipe and Denso spark plugs. Work with Dan (i think he is one of the owners) very helpful and professional with all questions and i think he gave me a very reasonable package deal on all items. Download was simple- install of flash was quick and performance is off the charts!!! Every aspect of motor performance is improved and car feels smoother running. Worth every penny. I was concerned about this mod but got past all anxiety of upgrades as soon as I drove car after flash. Highly reccomend Vivid and Softronics. :thumbup: